Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,998,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Seattle and Portland doesn't have the humidity he needs. Plus, Seattle is rather expensive! Portland seems to really be suffering with high unemployment and a poor economy. They would solve the 'no car' thing though..
Seattle & Portland are definitely humid...just not all that warm. But winters in those places are milder than anywhere in WI. COL in those cities is high, but not as bad as Honolulu. The OP is going to have to come to terms that he isn't likely to get everything he wants, at least not all at wants, and not without a lot more effort and flexibility than he's been willing to put out so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Wisconson's Madison or Milwaukee seems to be the easier fixes.

Or heading 'South' to smaller college towns, etc. for the humidity fix. Seems like the first job should be in WI close to home, is my thought.
Agreed. I don't think the OP currently has the skill set or the tenacity (and tenacity can make up for a lot) to live in a faraway, expensive, place like Honolulu. A nearby city in WI with good mass transit would be the next logical step. Another option would be for the OP to at least get his driver's license.

OP: Take it from someone who didn't get his license until he was 25...Once you get the license, you'll have a car (not necessarily a new one, but you'll have one). It has a way of just happening...at least it did for me.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,998,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Just to inform ... I have run into this poster before, under three different names on different forums (California) ... the pattern / strategy is exactly the same with different story plot lines ... the game is to draw posters in to impossible scenarios with barriers thrown up to every possible solution / suggestion ... until people start making snide and depreciative comments in response to the OP's ridiculous reasons for failure ... at which point the OP will start firing back a few outbursts and angry volleys to fuel the fire.

New member with just a few posts (this thread). Doesn't seem possible that a 25 year old could be such an inexperienced do-nothing does it? Doesn't write like a 25-year old would now does he? Has a pat answer for every question and suggestion -- to deflect, doesn't he? Note he provided a link to a strange medical condition to make sure you all fell into that part of the play. He's already started to throw some irritable responses with just a dash of profanity ... until I pointed it out ... now he's backed out of his protests to try and regain position and lose suspicion ... needs to hang on to the thread a while longer to make it work ... y'all gotta get worked up more first so when he lashes back it will flame.
I can't believe people do stuff like this but I'm taking your word for it. (Don't they have lives?) No more responses from me.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM

45 posts, read 163,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Pull up your big boy pants and get off your butt!
That's exactly what I intend to do!

Quote:
I have run into this poster before, under three different names on different forums (California)
No, you haven't! I am not who you think I am! I have never posted on any forum regarding California.

Quote:
New member with just a few posts (this thread).
I've been a member since last October...

Quote:
Note he provided a link to a strange medical condition
That "strange" condition is recognized by the National Health Service, American Urological Association, & Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Quote:
He's already started to throw some irritable responses with just a dash of profanity
That's because of you and your nonsense!

Quote:
needs to hang on to the thread a while longer to make it work
This thread has already "worked" for me. I've received lots of really good feedback from people. Although not exactly what I wanted to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereandbacktwotimes View Post
I googled his name. Very cute.

Amazon.com: Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) (9781933140476): Janine Hoecker, Christine Guthann, Helmut Marischka: Books

"Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg (German Edition) [Paperback]
Janine Hoecker (Author), Christine Guthann (Author), Helmut Marischka (Author)
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
Price: $13.30 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available."
LOL
That's your "proof" that I'm some kind of Internet troll? That's pathetic. You obviously have no understanding of the German language. Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg basically means Dark elf, Troll, and Dark Dwarf. It's the title of a high fantasy novel. There's more in the description: Schwarzalben, Finstermagier, Orks und andere finstere Kreaturen treiben in diesem Buch ihr Unwesen - ewig getrieben von dem Verlangen, Dunkelheit über das Licht siegen zu lassen. It means Dark elves, dark mages, orcs and other dark creatures are up to mischief in this book - always driven by desire, darkness is victorious over the light.
But, hey, don't take my word for it. Show the book to someone else who is fluent in German and let them tell you what it means. I'll be the first to admit my Deutsch ain't perfect but it's obviously a hell of a lot better than yours.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,907,274 times
Hamlet:
Madam, how like you this play?

Queen Gertrude:
The [OP] doth protest too much, methinks.

(Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230)

Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM

93 posts, read 212,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzalb View Post
That's exactly what I intend to do!

No, you haven't! I am not who you think I am! I have never posted on any forum regarding California.

I've been a member since last October...

That "strange" condition is recognized by the National Health Service, American Urological Association, & Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

That's because of you and your nonsense!

This thread has already "worked" for me. I've received lots of really good feedback from people. Although not exactly what I wanted to hear.

LOL
That's your "proof" that I'm some kind of Internet troll? That's pathetic. You obviously have no understanding of the German language. Schwarzalb, Troll und Dunkelzwerg basically means Dark elf, Troll, and Dark Dwarf. It's the title of a high fantasy novel. There's more in the description: Schwarzalben, Finstermagier, Orks und andere finstere Kreaturen treiben in diesem Buch ihr Unwesen - ewig getrieben von dem Verlangen, Dunkelheit über das Licht siegen zu lassen. It means Dark elves, dark mages, orcs and other dark creatures are up to mischief in this book - always driven by desire, darkness is victorious over the light.
But, hey, don't take my word for it. Show the book to someone else who is fluent in German and let them tell you what it means. I'll be the first to admit my Deutsch ain't perfect but it's obviously a hell of a lot better than yours.
In no way do I profess to speak or understand "Deutsch". In no way do I intend to portray myself as being educated, knowledgeable or worldly. My point was very simple, in that when googling your user name, the word "troll" comes up consistently. My point had nothing to do with the meaning of the word "troll" in any language but modern-day English.

Because you acknowledge your familiarity with this particular work leads me to believe that you did know your user name is associated with the word "troll".

Now whether your user name is something you chose on purpose because it is associated with the word "troll" or the name was an unconscious decision really does not matter. Because either way, both paths lead to the same destination.

You are obviously very intelligent and have a lot going for you. I have no doubt that you can be successful in any of the states or for that matter in most places in the world and I wish you luck in finding your "niche" and happiness.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 PM

52 posts, read 159,539 times
His "life" is living in Wisconsin for five years waiting for his tuition to get mysteriously paid off and he thinks he can make it in Hawaii. He makes excuses for everything (no car, no motivation, parents, or some other feel-sorry-for-me story) Cheesehead troll is cheesehead troll.

nullgeo called him out, let us see what forum the little rodent scampers off to next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I can't believe people do stuff like this but I'm taking your word for it. (Don't they have lives?) No more responses from me.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM

45 posts, read 163,367 times
Quote:
you acknowledge your familiarity with this particular work
I am not familiar with that book at all. I've never even heard of it until the link was posted.

Quote:
Now whether your user name is something you chose on purpose because it is associated with the word "troll" or the name was an unconscious decision really does not matter. Because either way, both paths lead to the same destination.
The word Schwarzalb is German for dark elf. Well, black elf more literally, but in English we tend to use "dark elves" in fantasy literature, games, etc. Sure, dark elves are associated with trolls, as both are creatures form Germanic mythology and folklore, as are dwarves, dragons, etc; they're also stock characters in fantasy literature and games (D&D, anyone?). I happen to be a fan of both.

Quote:
You are obviously very intelligent and have a lot going for you. I have no doubt that you can be successful in any of the states or for that matter in most places in the world and I wish you luck in finding your "niche" and happiness.
Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit808 View Post
His "life" is living in Wisconsin for five years waiting for his tuition to get mysteriously paid off
Guilty as charged.

Quote:
Cheesehead troll is cheesehead troll.
I'm not a cheesehead nor a troll. I don't like cheese that much nor the Packers.
Quote:
little rodent
See, here we are with the name-calling. You insult me and I'm supposed to be the troll? What kind of logic is that?

OK. Obviously, I'm not wanted here anymore. I would like to thank everyone for providing me with good feedback & advice regarding my plan. Ultimately, I've decided against moving to Honolulu. It just seems too risky. I will try my luck elsewhere.
Peace out, everybody!

I humbly request that a moderator or administrator close this thread. It has gone way off topic and I've already gotten what I wanted from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: