Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 03:44 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,071,386 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a place that does mail forwarding?

I need someone to collect my mail and throw out all the junk and then forward the important stuff twice a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Why not use the US Post Office? They'll do permanent and temporary forwarding for free.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,053,129 times
My full-time RV friends use this one: Mail Forwarding Services at St Brendan's Isle

Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM

795 posts, read 1,391,724 times
This company - mailboxforwarding.com - will scan your mail and provide an online interface to view and download it. You can set a schedule (weekly, monthly) to forward the mail to another address. You'll have to sort through the junk yourself, but they make it easy by scanning the front of each envelope. You can then decide whether to scan, forward, or secure-shred it.

Others are travelingmailbox.com and virtualmailcenter.com.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:03 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
There used to be mailbox services at 350 Ward ave. They'd probably do that for you if they are still there, of course.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Does anyone know of a place that does mail forwarding?

I need someone to collect my mail and throw out all the junk and then forward the important stuff twice a month.
The US Postal service has a Premium Forwarding service, but it works weekly. They hold your mail, and once a week put it all into a Priority Mail envelope or box and mail it to you, for $15.25. You normally get the mail 2 days later. You can set it up for any period of 2 weeks to a year, and you can extend the agreement online.

I've used it several times, and it works great.

https://www.usps.com/forward-mail/welcome.htm

UPS stores have a similar service if you use one of their private mailboxes as your mailing address.

Mailbox Services

Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 PM

Preferably I'd like something that I can direct my driver's license to.

I work in Illinois, Ohio and Delaware. Work has kept me away from where I want to live. None of the places keep me there for 6 months. I have to choose a residence so I'm picking where I want to end up.

Unfortunatly renting a location in Hawaii simply for residence purposes is cost prohibative.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
So are you looking to get a mailing addtress on Hawaii and use that to get a Hawaii Driver's license and have it forwarded to where you are now? If so, that is illegal as you need to rpovide a physical address with proof. You can have it mailed wherever, but they must have an actual address where you live on hawaii. That doesn;t mean it can't be done, cause its done many times. The risk is when the County finds out, they flag all liceneses from that address and you have to physically come in or its suspended.

Now if you just want to have mail sent to Hawaii to give the impression you live there when you don't, just go to any UPS or mailbox store on the mainland that also has one on Hawaii, set up an account, have a second account created for Hawaii, have the mail on Hawaii sent to the place on the mainland. I think mostr will send ether everything or they will send first class or FC presorts only, check their terms and conditions to see what is available.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

Other way around.
I have a license, adress, pay taxes and vote in Hawaii.

I'm just not there enough and unfortunatly will be dropping my lease in September.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
O.K. got it...

You can set up a mail address at any of the mail box places like the UPS Store. You will have to pay for the forwarding services and some forward everything, others forward some mail and dump the junk. The issue may be that the Countie's tend to know the mailbiox addresses and may send something to your physical address and if returned, they ask you to send them your physical address. Its a bit complicated if yuor maintaing a Hawaii address while not really residing there even though you may stuill pay taxes, etc. The thrid option is to have someone you know and trust let you use their addresss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu