Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM

27 posts, read 48,877 times

Advertisements

Aloha!
Well we arrived late Friday night I officially live in Oahu! The last 3 months of planning are now a blur.
Are there dollar stores here? Also is there a main Sunday paper you can buy with coupon inserts etc? Or what is the main newspaper people read? I got the midweek paper in our mailbox already.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 03:21 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,841,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherlf View Post
Aloha!
Well we arrived late Friday night I officially live in Oahu! The last 3 months of planning are now a blur.
Are there dollar stores here? Also is there a main Sunday paper you can buy with coupon inserts etc? Or what is the main newspaper people read? I got the midweek paper in our mailbox already.
Thanks!
There are Price Busters, 99 Cents Stores and Dollar Discount Stores throughout the island. Not sure where you are, but the phone directory or internet should help out.
Congratulations on your move!!

Oh, also the main Newspaper with all the coupons is the Honolulu Advertiser!

Last edited by MovingAloha; 12-30-2013 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: I forgot!

Old 12-30-2013, 04:30 PM

174 posts, read 350,474 times
I believe all Price Busters locations are closing.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:35 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,283,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
There are Price Busters, 99 Cents Stores and Dollar Discount Stores throughout the island.
Price Busters is closing all of its locations by the middle of January.
https://www.pricebustershawaii.com/

According to their press release, they "could not drive their margins sufficiently in order to cover the increasing costs of running the business." In a nutshell, their business model didn't work particular well for Oʻahu because they couldn't raise the prices of their merchandise to cover their costs and make a profit.
https://www.pricebustershawaii.com/i...se%20FINAL.pdf

Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM

27 posts, read 48,877 times
Okay thanks we just got wifi today so now I feel more connected. Its crazy not really knowing my way around so I have been keeping my eyes wide open when we are out. Hopefully my truck will arrive by Friday!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:39 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,841,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Price Busters is closing all of its locations by the middle of January.
https://www.pricebustershawaii.com/

According to their press release, they "could not drive their margins sufficiently in order to cover the increasing costs of running the business." In a nutshell, their business model didn't work particular well for Oʻahu because they couldn't raise the prices of their merchandise to cover their costs and make a profit.
https://www.pricebustershawaii.com/i...se%20FINAL.pdf
That's too bad!!

Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,108,568 times
Congratz on your arrival!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:25 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,552,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherlf View Post
Also is there a main Sunday paper you can buy with coupon inserts etc? Or what is the main newspaper people read?
Aloha

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is THE daily paper. You can access its ad section online, for free. In addition, the popular chains, like Foodland and Safeway and Times Supermarkets all post their weekly circulars online, on their respective websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: