Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 AM

307 posts, read 560,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc86 View Post
I have a profile in USA Jobs. I have my DD214, SF 15, and a formal letter stating that I qualify for veterans preference. I should have my SF-50 (I could be wrong here) after I go through in-processing next week and I will upload that as well. I have a 'generic' resume of sorts (that I build off of) and I will heed your advice and tailor it to include specific key words found in the announcement. You have been wonderful. I cannot thank you enough. Enjoy your holiday.

Anytime, tlc86! You're all set then. The announcement (the Substance Abuse one) I sent you..is open to U.S. citizens...so you don't need an SF-50. You can always get a copy from the HR office anyway. Just run there and ask them to print you one. You should have gotten one when you started your internship. This forum is ok for general info stuff...but I'm not comfortable when the info shared becomes more specific to a person..which the public has no need to know. If you feel the same...then best to communicate via e-mail. If not, no problem...will just keep posting on this forum. I have a catch-all address that I can discard when it gets overburdened with junk mail. This one: TRXventure@yahoo.com I'm getting tons of spams and junk mail on this address anyway...so no big deal if anyone else wants to use it to send me unsolicited mail. If I don't recognize the sender...I just delete without opening. If you decide to go this route. Any spam mail that goes into my spam folder is set to self-destruct every few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 AM

307 posts, read 560,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc86 View Post
Social Work. I read your other post about how to navigate through USA jobs and it was awesome. My internship is 24 hours a week (3 days/8 hours) and we are only getting paid for 650 hours or something like that. I am not familiar with the VEOA but will delve deeper into it. You are providing a wealth of knowledge on here, I cant believe my luck. I have dozens of friends/colleagues who are SW'rs at the VA and even more who are not, but you have been the most direct person to answer my questions. I am very interested in working for the DoD, but I will be a new graduate when we PCS and not licensed. I believe that the VA is one of the few gov agencies that hire post grad social workers, thus my desire to gain employment with them.
tlc86: Received an e-mail from you...and replied with an attachment. Just want to confirm that the e-mail came from you as I have not heard back since I replied. Never know these days...so much weird stuff going on nowadays on line. I was communicating with a cousin via facebook once...and gave my e-mail address so we can communicate with more privacy...soon after, got an e-mail from someone claiming to be my cousin's cousin in London who is in trouble and needs money. I knew that was a scam...as I know his family well and their whereabouts...definitely no kin living in London. Where you able to find the vacancy announcement in USAJOBS?

Old 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM

15 posts, read 16,642 times
FCS,
It was me who replied. I apologize for my delayed response, I have been busy today. I appreciate the attachment and plan to make a preliminary draft tomorrow. I found the vacancy just fine on USA jobs. We find out on Thursday whether we are selected for one of the two Hawaii billets or not. I am anxious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu