Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 01:51 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Go there and check them out. I'm not into shopping but it is the most beautiful mall I have ever been to and it has AMAZING views!
I agree with you the new design is pretty, I guess my point was i enjoyed shopping in the sun lol and you got that from the old design. Anywhy one thing im happy about is they didn't get rid of the koi fish.

Anyway im sorry if i misread your intentions its hard not to with the eye roll at the end. Maybe with more time i will get to know you better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 01:54 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Compaired to the two story mall of 1970, 80s the modern ala moana is 4 stories high. So tell me how much of all 4 stories are truely open air?
I isn't 1970 - or 80s

It is an open air mall - today. You haven't been here in 30 years - you haven't walked around the mall in the past 30 years.

It is 2014 - nobody cares about 1970 - really.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I isn't 1970 - or 80s

It is an open air mall - today. You haven't been here in 30 years - you haven't walked around the mall in the past 30 years.

It is 2014 - nobody cares about 1970 - really.
So basically your saying that someone or anyone doesn't have the right to express there opinion on a public forum unless you find it relevant or current? You know for someone who complains about localism and racism in Hawai'i your always the first to exclude, harass or try to exclude people on this forum.

I know a group of people on CDF that would disagree with you about nobody caring

I tell you what, why don't you go worry about yourself or use the official complaint system ok, because the truth is im kinda getting sick of your self appointed moderating.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-11-2014 at 02:10 AM..

Old 10-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
So basically your saying that someone or anyone doesn't have the right to express there opinion on a public forum unless you find it relevant or current? You know for someone who complains about localism and racism in Hawai'i your always the first to exclude, harass or try to exclude people on this forum.

I know a group of people on CDF that would disagree with you about nobody caring
As I check my post - I'm confident I didn't say that.

I said - it is an open air mall.

I said you haven't been to the mall in 30 years.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
As I check my post - I'm confident I didn't say that.

I said - it is an open air mall.

I said you haven't been to the mall in 30 years.
And thus another attempt to try to exclude, harass people on this forum who think or have a different view then your own. Your comment wasn't to debate what i said as true or false it was to discredit me based on my current status. Status has nothing to do with truth. I know guys who visit hawaii alot that don't live there who know more about hawaii then some who lived there for decades.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Your comment wasn't to debate what i said as true or false it was to discredit me based on my current status. Status has nothing to do with truth. I know guys who visit hawaii alot that don't live there who know more about hawaii then some who lived there for decades.
What is true.

Ala Moana is an open air mall.

You haven't been in the mall for 30 years.

What is false.

Ala Moana is not an open air mall.

You've been to the mall in the past 30 years.

I hope that clarifies things.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
What is true.

Ala Moana is an open air mall.

You haven't been in the mall for 30 years.

What is false.

Ala Moana is not an open air mall.

You've been to the mall in the past 30 years.

I hope that clarifies things.
My opinion was it isnt as open air as it was. True or False? Thats is the issue of fact. Not where i live or the last time i lived in Hawai'i. But i bet you can't answer the open air honestly because you have nothing to compair the current with? I have the advantage in this, i can compare the past because i remember and can compare the present thru pictures or video. Correct the mall now has four levels right? The bottom being undercover right? So i showed you the two levels of the old ala moana. You decide which is more open air? Of course this really comes down to opinion and perceptions.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:11 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,262,348 times
Quote:
My opinion was it isnt as open air as it was. True or False? Thats is the issue of fact. Not where i live or the last time i lived in Hawai'i. But i bet you can't answer the open air honestly because you have nothing to compair the current with? I have the advantage in this, i can compare the past because i remember and can compare the present thru pictures or video. Correct the mall now has four levels right? The bottom being undercover right? So i showed you the two levels of the old ala moana. You decide which is more open air? Of course this really comes down to opinion and perceptions.
There's not much to the "fourth level" (aka the "Hoʻokipa Terrace") at Ala Moana. Here's a link to a PDF of the latest map…
http://www.alamoanacenter.com/App_Co...s_Listings.pdf

As to the "open air" issue, below is a photo of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company located on the "fourth level" from a few years ago…

Old 10-11-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post

As to the "open air" issue, below is a photo of the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company located on the "fourth level" from a few years ago…
I might be wrong - but that looks pretty darn open air to me.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,873,541 times
HolidayCheck

Only if Ala Moana would spend some bucks for the painters to add some clouds like the Venetian did. Bubba Gumps skyline just looks fake with just the flat blue paint. And look beyond thru the windows with the fake looking ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: