Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 04:50 PM

110 posts, read 222,349 times

Advertisements

My favourite place to stay in Waikiki is the Holiday Inn Beachcomber Resort on Kalakaua, I'm coming back this February with another family and had intended to stay here again, it is in a great location but much less expensive than the hotels on the beach side of Kalakaua. I have heard though that the area is pretty much a construction zone at the moment due to the demolition of the International Market Place. I would appreciate any advice on this issue please. Am I better off staying in a quieter, though less convenient location? Many visits ago Lewers Street was a great place to stay, I came back, booked a hotel on Lewers only to find it almost shut down due to the redevelopment, but now Lewers St is great again. I'm trying to avoid a similar issue here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 05:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,957,158 times
Have you considered calling the hotel?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:26 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,261,778 times
Try getting on their Vacation packages & email offers.
Here’s the link: Honolulu Hotel Vacation Discounts
Waikiki Beach Vacation Packages & Email Offers
Join our Holiday Inn family and plan the perfect island getaway to Honolulu, Hawaii. Just fill out the short form below to gain access to the latest vacation packages, special discounts and getaway deals. You'll receive occasional email updates packed with all the information you need to save a bundle on your next vacation.
At the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort , your privacy and security are a top priority for the protection and anonymity of our loyal guests. We will not distribute or sell your personal information to any other entity. You may unsubscribe to these email messages at any time.
Hope this helps. Best of luck in your search.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:46 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,108,034 times
Have you considered renting an apartment? AirBnb have a lot of options. I just came back from Oahu, Waikiki area and I stayed at a nice apt on Prince Edward Street. This was my 3rd time using AirBnb. It is always cheaper than staying in a hotel.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:01 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,485,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
This was my 3rd time using AirBnb. It is always cheaper than staying in a hotel.
I'm curious, since this has come up several times... did you pay 9.25% Hawai'i Transient Accomodations Tax, and 4 - 4.712% General Excise Tax on those 3 stays?

Old 12-01-2014, 04:25 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,108,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I'm curious, since this has come up several times... did you pay 9.25% Hawai'i Transient Accomodations Tax, and 4 - 4.712% General Excise Tax on those 3 stays?
i paid the below.

$79 x 7 Nights $553
Cleaning Fees $80
Airbnb Service Fee $74
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: