Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 12:52 AM

1 posts, read 946 times

Advertisements

Our rental contract says no smoking and no noisy pets or no new dogs (the old contract allowed dogs but it's since been changed a few years ago) in the property. But the majority or the other tenants, if not all of them, smoke cigarettes, smoke marijuana and have yapping dogs (someone just a new dog recently). We are the only one unit who doesn't smoke nor have any pet. But the stinky smoke often stink our unit, make me hard to breathe and esp the marijuana gives me headaches and makes me nauseated), and the dogs are really irritating, sometimes we're awaken by them in the middle of the nights. When we tried to talk to the property manager, he said he can't do anything to stop people from smoking, and he's got a dog too, and he encouraged us to get one too, so that we will be as "guilty" as the rest. And he started picking on us, he told us to remove our big bird cage next to our door (cos "it's not allowed") (and which we did removed) while he and other tenants have other big-sized objects next to their own doors and under the staircase; and one time he cut my husband's few-feet clothes lines hung on the railing (right outside our door) with a few clothes on it, while he (the manager) allows people to smoke in the property. The second week we moved in, he told my son he couldn't play his ukulele after 10pm, while the manager's own previous dog barked anytime during the middle of the night, and he allowed other tenants' super loud TVs as well. We have brought these things up to realty company many many times, but they just tried to shove us away, they pretended they didn't know, all they are interested in is $$$. Yes, of course, what other things they'd like? They told us that we can move away, and they finally said that nobody has ever complained about tenants' smoking because all of them smoke.

All these people failed their job and their responsibility, and they all make us look like we are the bad guys! They are implying that all of the tenants are breaking the rules of the contract, why don't we just become one of them, do something bad, and then we won't make any more complaints! PURELY OUTRAGEOUS!! Are there places that i can complain against them, or what other things we can do about it (besides doing the same bad things as them, or just keep being silence and oppressed, or move away, BECAUSE WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, THEY ARE THE ONE WHO VIOLATE THE RULES, INCLUDING THE REALTY COMPANY)!!

By the way, the realty company that encourages us to violate the rules is called "T H Realty" located on Ala Moana Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 02:00 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
I'd move. Alternatively, send a letter in writing to the property mgmt co and landlord. Or, seek out a lawyer (cheaper to move).

Old 08-25-2015, 09:35 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,839,757 times
Your lease does not allow smoking. You have no idea what the other tenants lease states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu