Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:00 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,024,330 times

Advertisements

They also fly military transports which seem to make more noise than the jets. I think it was a C5? Some sort of ginormous freighter that for some reason had to leave around three in the morning on Sunday mornings. It would about rattle the mast off my boat when they went over. The rest of them weren't as bad and that was the other side of the airport in Keehi Lagoon and closer to the runways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 09:04 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsidem View Post
I wouldn't trade the feeling that I get from seeing a fighter jet fly over for all the silence in the world.

OP, if you are going to work on base a bunch of people kayak across to Pearl Harbor. They tell me it takes 10 - 15 minutes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-02-2016, 12:08 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Iroquois Point use to be the old Navy Housing for the Barbers Naval Air station Personnel and family members.
Also the Pearl Harbor Naval Station use to run small boats from/too Iroquois Point dropping off people at Charley Landing near the Back Gate of the Naval Shipyard. And school children use to catch the School busses to some of the private Schools.
So some people liked living out there. But back than. The traffic was not like it is today. Because Kapolei was still very small area.

I thank after a while a person might get use to the air traffic over the area. Just my perception. Good luck with you search.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsidem View Post
I had the leasing agent make a video tour for us.
Have you been to Ewa Beach? I was looking at your posts regarding the BI and Ewa Beach won't resemble anything like that.....

Old 05-02-2016, 03:41 PM

96 posts, read 112,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Have you been to Ewa Beach? I was looking at your posts regarding the BI and Ewa Beach won't resemble anything like that.....
Yes, we've been there. I know, it's completely different. Oahu/Ewa Beach is more of a second option.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:48 PM

19 posts, read 21,276 times
What's the commute like from here to Aiea during rush hour?

Been looking for temporary short term rentals while we look to buy a house and this area seems to have lots of nice options.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:21 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
only way i would consider it is if i had a job out ewa beach/nanakuli side and drove into town only once in a while.. If not, the overall negatives far outweigh the positives.

that side of the island is ridiculously hot, and never rains. I could get used to the airplane flyovers every 15 minutes, which is LOUD, but not heat, and definitely not the traffic.

1. traffic
2. weather
3. noise
4. f*** that

Last edited by rya96797; 05-09-2017 at 12:30 AM..

Old 05-09-2017, 12:24 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetos7 View Post

Been looking for temporary short term rentals while we look to buy a house and this area seems to have lots of nice options.
don't do it. pay more to rent in aiea.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 AM

96 posts, read 112,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetos7 View Post

I was talking to my neighbor yesterday. He lives here and works in Aiea. He said it was about 40 minutes.

I am not sure how short of a term you could get a lease for. I don't recall anything less than about 10 months being an options. You can find people looking for a lease takeover pretty frequently, so that might get you a shorter term.

I was going to make some comments about weather and other subjects, but that isn't what you asked about, is it?

Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM

19 posts, read 21,276 times
Thanks! Already know about the hot weather.

Was inquiring about Kapilina Beach Homes because they offer a 6 month lease and the amenities look really nice. Just wasn't sure if the commute is doable on a short term basis?? Looking to buy a house in Kailua, Kahala, or Manoa while we rent.

I am in southern CA and my daily commute is 50-60 mins to get to work 11 miles away. But my friends have told me 50-60 mins of traffic is eternity on the islands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu