Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 09:39 AM

4,247 posts, read 4,761,890 times

Advertisements

My mom and I will be flying into Honolulu arriving 10 pm the night of Thursday, June 30th. We are staying at the Waikiki Lanais at 2452 Tusitala Street.

After we check in that night, we plan to get up early the next morning and meet my brother at the airport; he's landing 8 am Friday July 1st.

What are the best options for getting from the airport to our hotel the first night...then back to the airport the next morning to meet my brother? The cheapest option would be the best; my mom and I will have one large bag each with us upon arriving so that is something to consider. I'm assuming there are shuttles but not sure how I can determine if there is one that goes to the location of the condo we're staying at (or very close to it)...any information would be very helpful.

TIA!

ETA: When we go to pick up my brother Sat morning, I doubt he will have more than a large backpack with him. (And obviously my mom and I won't have anything large on us so we would have already checked in), so I think we could do the bus to/from the airport on Saturday morning. Could use some general insight RE: reliability, frequency of buses in Waikiki area.

Last edited by southkakkatlantan; 05-28-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 10:51 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
The cheapest option is the bus

If you don't want to take the bus to the airport- UberX is about half the price of a taxi.

Uber cannot pickup up at the airport so bus, speedi shuttle, or taxi or your options unless you take a Thrifty shuttle off airport propert and take UberX

Old 05-28-2016, 12:07 PM

102 posts, read 118,862 times
Op the cheapest is The Bus. But there is a rule about the size of a carry on. Since UberX is not available to pickup at the Airport. Might I suggest a cheap alternative with Hawaii23.com here is there website. Hawaii23 Transportation they will track your flight number and meet you at the airport. One to Three people is 30 max one way. They also go from any waikiki hotel to the airport. A lot cheaper then a cab. If you do decide to catch da bus? Here is there website m.thebus.org Aloha and good luck.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:43 PM

4,247 posts, read 4,761,890 times
So...so far it seems that taking the shuttle from the airport to the condo would work best getting in on Thursday. The shuttle appears to be $15 per person.

Friday morning, I think we may take the bus back to the airport to wait on my brother. And then, I think the UberX back to the condo for all 3 of us. Any idea how much an Uber would be from our condo to the airport?

Old 05-28-2016, 03:07 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Just go into the Uber app and put in the starting address and the ending address. Hit fare estimate and you will know exactly what it costs

Old 05-29-2016, 10:41 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,691,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
So...so far it seems that taking the shuttle from the airport to the condo would work best getting in on Thursday. The shuttle appears to be $15 per person.

Friday morning, I think we may take the bus back to the airport to wait on my brother. And then, I think the UberX back to the condo for all 3 of us. Any idea how much an Uber would be from our condo to the airport?
Do you already have the Uber App and an account? Easy to do, but you need to take care of that ahead of time.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:51 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times
Waikiki Lanais is not a hotel. You are probably in an illegal vacation rental. Why spend the time meeting your brother at the airport unless he is a minor?

Old 06-05-2016, 10:11 PM

181 posts, read 274,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honobob View Post
Why spend the time meeting your brother at the airport unless he is a minor?
Because it's the only time they get to act like kama'aina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: