Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 04:27 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,079 times

Advertisements

As you may know already, Aloha Stadium has been condemned. They say they won't use it any more. On another note worthy bloggers, they mentioned that Kapolei to Aloha Stadium will be open on the rail. I think it will be a waste of time and money now to operate this rail. That portion of the rail transit. There is no need to stop over at Aloha Stadium. Flea Market use. That's all. Kind of a waste of money and time spending to build this rail since 2009-2021. Still not done yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 01:52 AM

Will the second phase of the rail transit from Nimitz to Ala Moana shopping center be along the ground and with cables up above as they had suggested at one point in the project?

I WAS CURIOUS ALSO, DOES THIS FORUM ACCEPT HTML CODES SO I CAN PUT A PICTURE OF WHERE THIS MIGHT RUN ON?

Ala Moana - Nimitz: Rail transit route

Old 01-14-2021, 01:59 AM

Default Rail transit

Will the second phase of the rail transit from Nimitz to Ala Moana shopping center be along the ground and with cables up above as they had suggested at one point in the project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
I WAS CURIOUS ALSO, DOES THIS FORUM ACCEPT HTML CODES SO I CAN PUT A PICTURE OF WHERE THIS MIGHT RUN ON?
Ala Moana - Nimitz: Rail transit

Last edited by tyCable; 01-14-2021 at 02:11 AM..

Old 01-14-2021, 02:52 AM

Jungjohann: That would be sugar plantations running in West Oahu. Why couldn't they just convert this into a reliable transportation for the people from west to east side islanders? That would do, but it would look really ugly looking transit.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:38 AM

Jerichoo: I think it looks okay. But the fact on using the rail this will be a waste. I don't think it will be used that much. And to spend money to operate it, will be at a loss. Yes, Chinatown may look ugly, but I like it because they make every new year's look interesting and very much part of the show of fireworks. Very much exciting downtown. I think the Chinese contribute so much to fireworks, that they have a reputation of making those fireworks for America and it does them good.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:47 AM

Default Caldwell wants to shorten rail to 15 miles, ending route at Middle Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha State View Post
@American Heart

I don't know. I would assume that once you voted on something and it failed or passed you would know the will of the people and proposing it in a hundred different ways or in different venues at other times to get it passed isnt really respecting the will of the people or the intent of our system? But im just a simple guy.

Really discussions like this i hate sometimes because people often fall in love with ideals. To be honest and this is my opinion only. I think people are more in love with this ideal of progress and having a train then the real usefulness of it? Studies show that it wont do anything really to help traffic issues on Oahu.

It often reminds me of those people who get really upset at seeing people burn the flag, but don't support or believe in our constitution. The flag is just cloth without liberty, freedom or the constitution.
Agree. Some smart engineer wanted to see this built. So they built it. But I think it was Mufi Hannemann who suggested this rail transit. But what does a 6-8 person know about rail transit being built? Nothing.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:00 AM

Aloha Stadium: Some people may get teary eyed for this condemned structure. There are cracks to many parts of the stadium. Cements. Walkways. There are usually 6-7 home games to a 13 games season. And it is a family outing. So if you worked there, it is a outing for workers 7 times that last from August to December in any given year. There are lots of jobs there. Security. Food cooks at restaurants and the stadium grill. Ticket people at the gates. Ticket people at the Box office. Ushers in the stands. Announcers. Score keepers. Referees. Camera man. News reporters. Ground crew. Maintenance workers. Some few i cannot think of yet. I realize they lost their jobs and outing for at least 3 years. 2024. They are a group of people working and using state appropriated funds to support the games at UH football. Their own show or business so to speak. Will there be them again in the future? Of course. But for now there is a pandemic and no workers or fans allowed. So building a new stadium will require these considerations also. And the pandemic. Still on uncertain grounds on how well the new Stadium will operate and generate new income for the football program.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:05 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
More increased costs, opening delays.

Honolulu Rail may cost almost $11.4B, not open for full service until 2031

Quote:
The Honolulu Rail project could cost nearly $11.4 billion and take until 2031 to be open for full-route service. That is according to documents posted on Friday, March 12, by the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transit (HART).
https://www.khon2.com/local-news/hon...ce-until-2031/

Old 08-18-2021, 12:15 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Looks like the rail has made its way to Middle Street from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWpP8ERiK4

We'll see what new tax scheme they can come up with to continue funding this thing.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:49 PM

451 posts, read 412,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Looks like the rail has made its way to Middle Street from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWpP8ERiK4

We'll see what new tax scheme they can come up with to continue funding this thing.

A 3% increase in the hotel tax as a means to fund the rail deficit is now being publicly floated to gauge local
reaction, however there is no clarity if this would significantly reduce the current $3.6 Billion +/- deficit and
the should be expected downstream cost overruns now that construction is entering Honolulu's central core.

Last edited by Rain Monkey; 08-18-2021 at 02:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu