Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:23 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Magoo, it isn't hatred. Far from it. It is deep and profound disappointment. During the last sixteen or seventeen years how did it come to pass in a country with a population over 300 mil that so few of us ended up serving what seemingly appeared to be multiple tours overseas, often in real danger? It was completely unfair to these young men, women and their families to have to endure this. So few ended up carrying the burden of so many who, in my opinion, have often appeared and acted unaware and disinterested. I just think we owe these young people much more then they are probably now receiving.

I am going to drop off this thread. A forum for relocating to Hawaii is not the place for this kind of exchange, and I am sorry if I have stirred the pot with an off-topic thread.

Magoo, one more thing. I never stated your service was meaningless. Thanks for your service. FWIW, it has always meant more to me coming from another vet.
Roger That, Rain Monkey..a Thank you from another Vet is a plus...but there are still a lot of young/old people in our Country who do appreciate a Vets Service..

Thank you, Rain Monkey for your Service...and for your informative and helpful posts on this site.

Last edited by mr.magoo; 07-21-2017 at 02:08 PM..

Old 07-21-2017, 05:27 PM

293 posts, read 361,781 times
As a 100% disabled Viet Nam Vet, I have shopped at the PX base exchange for over 50 years. No, they do NOT charge sales tax but, they do charge a two to three percent service fee and you tip your bagger's. It's been a few years since I last shopped at the base. Don't think much has changed except the private bunch is taking over and raising prices.

And no! Many of us Viet Nam Vets have not forgotten how our country treated us upon our return.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:30 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Wrong forum.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu