Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 04:13 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,996 times

Advertisements

So I'm looking for a car for 4 days (may 28 to june 1st) and I'll be staying at Ohana east hotel in honolulu. The cheapest I found with taxes is $165... is that reasonable?

Also, I heard parking can be difficult. So if I were staying at Ohana east off of Kaiulani Ave, where can I park the car so that I'm not paying big $$$? come to think of it, maybe i can park it at the hotel reasonably? (I would opt for no car but I need to make trips to mililani and north shore)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 06:12 PM

1,046 posts, read 4,898,769 times
The rental fee sounds average. I'm renting a car there over Memorial Day weekend, and that's about my rate. I looked at discount offers via airlines and credit card companies, but they didn't change the day rate so much as you could get "triple miles" or a similar bonus from the card issuer.

Some hotels offer free (or reduced price) parking for guests. I think the going rate for parking is about $20/day otherwise. I'm sure there are cheaper options, but be careful where you park and don't leave anything in your car.

Last edited by whynot?; 05-12-2009 at 06:22 PM..

Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM

109 posts, read 351,071 times
That is what we paid for a rental car. Its not bad, but my advice would be not to get the insurance if you already have full coverage because that 160 will turn into 360 real quick. We said we would take it then hear the price and was liek what??? you said 160, we got it figured out so thats my .02 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu