Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:27 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,399,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Unless you charter a private jet, or they are certified Service Animals, none of the airlines let you take them in the cabin with you to Hawaii. If using a scheduled passenger airline, they go in the cargo belly. If you use a scheduled cargo company, they go in the cargo cabin, but it's still cargo. The scheduled cargo airline is Pacific Air Cargo.
I flew with my 5 pound Chihuahua in the cabin. Had an under-seat carrier. I've seen plenty of other critters in the cabins on Hawaiian. You need to let them know in advance. They have a limit of animals per flight in the cabin. Hawaiian Airlines : Contract of Carriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,724,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I flew with my 5 pound Chihuahua in the cabin. Had an under-seat carrier. I've seen plenty of other critters in the cabins on Hawaiian. You need to let them know in advance. They have a limit of animals per flight in the cabin. Hawaiian Airlines : Contract of Carriage
Hawaiian Airlines no longer allowes pets (exception certified service animals) in the cabin on flights between the mainland and Hawaii. What they may have done in the past does not mean they do it now.

Look at the special note in the link you provided just under where it talks about the number of animals allowed in the cabin.

Also if you go to section C it states:
Special Conditions for Acceptance of Animals as Baggage In the Passenger Compartment
HA will not accept animals in the passenger compartment of the aircraft for flights into the State of Hawaii. See Rule 55 for Service Animal requirements.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,227 times
I heard that AirTran will let them fit under the seat in the cabin if they fit a certain weight. Anybody know about this?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,724,273 times
According to their tarriffs, pets can fly in the cabin. AirTrans does not fly to Hawaii, so if you're using AirTrans to get to Hawaii, odds are you'll be using another airline under a code-share and they probbaly will not allow animals in the cabin.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:14 PM

432 posts, read 1,205,796 times
There is no scheduled airline service that allows in-cabin pets to Hawai`i. The only one who did was ATA -- which of course went belly-up awhile back.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 PM

That really sucks. Tiny dogs like Chihuahuas, Minpins, Yorkies, and others would absolutely go psychotic stuck in baggage. I'm sorry to hear they did that. I was in first class bringing mine across and pulled the carrier onto my lap partway through just to stick my hands in and pet them. They were shaking like leaves, and they don't normally do that. Oh well... another part of a decision when you are considering a move...

Old 10-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Wait - this says that Hawaiian Air DOES accept pets from Hawaii to the West Coast... but not from the West Coast INTO Hawaii Hawaiian Airlines: Carry-on Pets in Cabin - Domestic Dogs/Cats That's what the OP was asking. To the west coast. Not into Hawaii... But it is more restricted than it was before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: