Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM

201 posts, read 823,814 times

Advertisements

There are tons of private schools online- just go to google and "oahu private schools" and start going down the lists, that's how we started our research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,550 times
we will be coming to hawaii hopefully this end of may,my husband put all the paperworks in no idea how long we will get a housing,my husband in hawaii now just waiting for my children to finish school year,anyone have any idea how long or how soon can we get into housing. any feedback or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
My husband and I are thinking about pcsing to Hawaii. We think that it would be a good experience for our family(which consists of 4 children and 2 dogs). I was wondering if anyone knew how long the waiting list for on post housing was and if there was any price ranges for off post housing?? I take it the schooling isnt very good??? We would rather live on post do too our big family. Does anyone know if there is a Pre-K there? Is there any things kids can do besides the beaches? How much is the cost of living there ie cost of food, clothing, entertainment? My husband is the one in the ARMY, he is an E-4 getting ready to be promoted. He is currently in IRAQ and we wouldnt be moving till 2011. I'm just looking for some advice whether it be positive or nageative. My husband is worried that hawaii would be too much of a cultural change for us. Any suggestions????

Old 06-14-2010, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 16,688 times
Our family of four is scheduled to pcs there 2011; can you provide any information on Colleges, highschools, and employment opportunties.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 PM

320 posts, read 712,352 times
We sent our son to Navy Hale Keiki school but it only goes up to grade 3. We PCS before we had to search for another school.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,035 times
My husband is a 21B.. combat engineer and graduates ait dec 10 2010 from fort leonardwood, missouri...he is currently a E-1 and married with one kid...i was wondering what division he would probably be in and if we would get the new or older housing?? We will be moving to schofield barracks, hawaii!!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,132,209 times
For those wondering about hsg waits please just go to the hsg website. It will give you an idea about the wait for the different Ranks & bedroom requirements., They usually have pics and/or general floor plans as well as the names of the schools that your children would attend.

It is a crap shoot as to which hsg area you would actually get as it all depends upon your specific situation and date of arrival. I WILL say that usually someone who has a FM on EFMP with a PHYSICAL need usually gets qtrs upon arrival.

Again, the schools ON Post are adequate as long as a parent actually takes active participation during homework hours. Good luck- the tour in Hawaii is what YOU make of it!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,833,105 times
Two very nice private schools relatively close to Schofield are Hanalani in. Mililani and Island Pacific Academy in Kapolei. I send my grandson to IPA and we both love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: