Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 AM

13 posts, read 85,035 times

Advertisements

Myself and 3 buddies are goin to Oahu this weekend for a week or so. What are some good clubs/bars to check out? We are all single in our mid-20s.

Also, my buddy was there recently and said Honolulu/Waikiki was pretty slow due to the economy....accurate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 AM

96 posts, read 270,398 times
it is so much deader than just a couple years ago.
my last time in club 54 last summer, there were just crew cut military guys in there ogling the few scared-looking local girls. 2 years ago it was hopping and crowded and we had great parties in their vip room.

in the waikiki trade center there is club 54 and zanzabars and tsunamis is next door.
at the entrance to waikiki, there is the hard rock cafe and across from it are club rock za and club femme nu for adult shows and club 939 near walmart is another good one..
evergreen and business club for hostess bars.
pearl and ocean club in ala moana.
formaggios is a great wine bar and a friend is a waitress there.

Last edited by dreamisland; 01-19-2010 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM

82 posts, read 479,031 times
Hmm...
Decent food/drinks/ambiance, there is Mai Tai Bar at Ala Moana shopping center. For more of a club/dress code there is also Pearl at Ala Moana shopping center.

In Waik's there is Dukes, open air bar. Awesome view. For non-dress code dancing venues there is Mad Dogs, Moose Magillicutties, The Shack (not sure if it's only dance on the weekends), Scruples, The Red Lion, Lulus after 9pm is 18+ w/bar.

Irish pub Kelly O'Niels is alright, think they have a live band nightly. They let people smoke cigarettes in there.

I'm sure there are more. Definitely some places that require shoes/button up/no hat, but that's not really my scene so can't help there.

The only time I seem to "go out" in Waikiki is when friends are visiting. It's been maybe 3-4 months since I've been down there, and it was definitely a lot less crowded (even on a weekend night), as compared to a couple years ago.

Good fun can be had riding the Na Hoku II, which departs from the beach just outside of Dukes 3-4 times daily. It's ~$25, couple hours, open bar. They play music, let you jump in the ocean. Good place to meet other people visiting/looking for a good time.

Another option is you can find people doing deals on street corners for a partially inclusive night of bar hopping. Last I remember seeing this being offered on Kuhio. You pay a flat rate, get comp’d a free drink at the ~5 places you go to that night. These events are usually full of young (single) people (girls) looking to have a good time.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:58 PM

647 posts, read 1,664,519 times
I haven't been to Hawaii since '95 maybe. Is Moose McGillycuddy's still around on Oahu? Damn I used to have good times there. Drinking $10 pitchers of beer right from the pitcher, no glasses needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu