Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 6,330 times

Advertisements

I've traveled to Waikiki/Honolulu for the past 17 years and it's never been this bad with the hotels in Waikiki.

Imagine this for a moment: You have prostitutes everywhere at night, LOUD motorcycles (Harley's everywhere), fights breaking out in the streets, and the Honolulu police turn their heads and grin.

You would think I'm joking, but I'm not. I asked one police officer why they won't do anything and he said,'Hey this is Waikiki, no?' and he laughed.

In the meantime, I parked near the Sheraton (because who wants to pay $25 a day in parking?) and I received 2 parking tickets - both unjustified and both cost $70. If you park 1 inch to the red zone, you will get a ticket. Then, I get pulled over and I get a $100 ticket for using my speaker cell phone near the Sheraton.

In the meantime, the hookers, the motorcyclists, and all the gangster teens continue to harass all the tourists with impunity and the Honolulu police shrug their shoulders while giggling over my tickets. I ended up screaming at my precious wife over these morons.

I would consider leaving Honolulu at all costs. Boycott this island and vote for another mayor and vote in new reps.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM

18,477 posts, read 19,127,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outraged Tourist View Post
I've traveled to Waikiki/Honolulu for the past 17 years and it's never been this bad with the hotels in Waikiki.

Imagine this for a moment: You have prostitutes everywhere at night, LOUD motorcycles (Harley's everywhere), fights breaking out in the streets, and the Honolulu police turn their heads and grin.

motorcycles are LOUD, the cops do stop fights, they can't be everywhere ALL the time

You would think I'm joking, but I'm not. I asked one police officer why they won't do anything and he said,'Hey this is Waikiki, no?' and he laughed.

In the meantime, I parked near the Sheraton (because who wants to pay $25 a day in parking?) 25 bucks would have saved you a bundle. it is also a safe place to park

and I received 2 parking tickets - both unjustified and both cost $70. If you park 1 inch to the red zone, you will get a ticket. one inch into a red zone is justified, you deserve the ticket. Then, I get pulled over and I get a $100 ticket for using my speaker cell phone near the Sheraton. if the law requires you to use a hands free cell phone and you didn't you deserve the ticket

In the meantime, the hookers, the motorcyclists, and all the gangster teens continue to harass all the tourists with impunity and the Honolulu police shrug their shoulders while giggling over my tickets. I ended up screaming at my precious wife over these morons. so you have a temper and take it out on your wife. get a grip

I would consider leaving Honolulu at all costs. Boycott this island and vote for another mayor and vote in new reps.
no reason to boycott an island because you want to park anywhere you want cheaply. our cops do a great job, hookers and unruly teenagers are in every city

Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,549,747 times
Speakerphone cell usage isn't "hands-free". Obviously, you were holding the phone in your hand, right?
I would have ticketed you as well if I was a cop.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM

3 posts, read 6,330 times
Hookers and unruly teens are in every city....

Shrug your shoulders, say 'ho-hum' and watch the world disintegrate.

Who cares about off-shore drilling; who cares about fraudulent loan applications; who cares about the recession; who cares we can't find a cure for cancer; who cares about anything, right?

The Honolulu police DO NOT do a good job - they are the worst police department in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: