Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 AM

7 posts, read 87,842 times

Advertisements

what do you think of the Villages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
We havent visited yet but I'd heard there's a tremendous amount of activities ranging from card games to sports to travel to woodworking to various hobbies and interests etc, it's quite a huge place with things always going on. LIke anything else, there are pro's and con's, what's right for one might not be right for another. Have you been there yet, maureenkate, what did you think - ?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 PM

18 posts, read 183,554 times
The Villages is a busy, busy, place if thats what you are looking for. The C.D.D. fees are very high. It is also my understanding that these CDD's are being audited by the IRS. This could result in future assesments. Be careful.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 AM

14 posts, read 97,402 times
Default A Lot Of Extras Are Standard At SummerGlen

The recent post about attic stairs brings to light that a lot of features are standard at SummerGlen that are either unavailable or extra-cost options at Stone Creek and other retirement communities in Central Florida.

A few of the features included in every home are R-48 ceiling insulation, energy efficient 13-SEER air conditioning systems, tailored foam insulation in concrete block walls (a real energy savings), automatic garage door openers, full landscape packages with sprinkler system and automatic timer, and very nice upgraded appliance packages.

Before you make a decision, you really should compare the value. Also, right now, SummerGlen is passing along a special impact fee reduction from Marion County that can save you another $6,099 on your home. I don't know of another community that is making that offer.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times
My parents live in SummerGlen and enjoy it. There are no issues with traffic noises or with the weigh station at all. They have friends who live close to the main road and they said they have no issues with I-75 noise at all. The community isn't bad at all. They have a great exercise room and pool and the restaurant is actually good now.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 AM

7 posts, read 85,569 times
As I read I have not seen anything about On Top of the World. My grandparents live there and love it. I go there every week to watch them play gulf. From what I have seen its peaceful, no real noise problems and lots of options for the residents. A few couples from my Church also live there and just adore the place.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 PM

15 posts, read 54,661 times
i know these posts are a few years old, but if you still live in SummerGlenn do you still like it? and are there monthly fees? thanks, i'm thinking of looking into this community.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 PM

15 posts, read 54,661 times
i'm thinking of looking into this community as i think the home values seem to the best - at least what i'm seeing on line. do you know if there are monthly fees and if so what they average? thanks so much - any info would be appreciated.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 AM

5 posts, read 43,907 times
Default Average age in a commnity

Quote:
Originally Posted by algae View Post
Can anyone tell me what is the average age in this community, and are there many restaurants in this area to dine at (not the chain type)

A realtor once told me, to figure the average age of residents in a community, get the age of the community (when it was built, 5 years ago, 15 years ago, etc) and add 55. It comes out very close to the majority of ages you find inside. It's a reasonable assumption and it's worked for me so far.

All your shopping, dining will be a stretch where this community is located.
10-15 miles (and that's just to WalMart). Non chains are even further, however there are a few nice ones. We stocked the freezer whenever possible and bought veggies at Save-A-Lot in Bellview or the Marion Market (flea market). That's another 10 mi.in the other direction.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,654 times
Does any one know of a home to rent in Summer Glen for the months of January, February, and March of 2011. We rented a home last year, and would like to rent a home this year. Please contact me at dcsalm@verizon.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala