Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Maybe you don't read or comprehend what I said. The OP is the "landlord" in this situation. It doesn't matter if there was or was not a rental agreement to begin with. Ever hear of a squatter? I suggest you check your facts before offering bad advice. SHOUTING IS NOT NECESSARY TO GET YOUR POINT ACCROSS.
Then why are you shouting?

Quote:
We can agree to disagree on this matter, but do not imply I do not know what I am talking about. I experienced a similar situation, as I mentioned in my first response to the OP, so I have firsthand experience. In my case, my father had no written lease with the people living in his home, but they had the same tenant rights as someone who did have a lease. After he died, it took 3-4 months to get the deadbeats out of his home. Care to provide your source of knowledge??
Yes, my own first hand experience with a moocher who refused to leave or pay her share of the bills, nor pay rent. Had she not left, I would have gotten the eviction papers and had her put out just like the OP could do with the moocher brothers. Along with those papers I would have had the phone, water and electric shut off.

Quote:
Bottom line is that the OP should contact a lawyer if it hasn't been resolved yet.
Here we agree. This isn't the best place to get legal advice. She needs to contact a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala