Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 02:53 PM

43 posts, read 153,209 times

Advertisements

I would like to bump this thread. It is two years old and maybe there are new city-data members who could add more information about the different communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM

6,627 posts, read 7,344,486 times
I think you will find Summer Glenn smaller, HOA fees lower, fewer activities and farther from shopping than Top of The World. Top of the world is broken up into a number of communities with different legal set ups and costs. Think of it as a collection of several over 55 communities. In general they all share common recreation facilities.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 14,279 times
Red face Otow/del webb

We just returned from OTOW and were very impressed; I really want a gas range and they have that. Also they seem to be willing to work with us on getting a 3-stall garage my SO loves to work on cars.
We have not seen Del Webb yet, only on-line, but there don't seem to be any 3-car garages and they are all electric.
What are thoughts from folks living in OTOW?
Thanks
Cat

Old 09-30-2013, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,344 times
Pine Run is the least costly. . .right now there are many for under $40,000. They are frame, built in the 1980's. It's very quiet there.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Remember folks that your community might be awesome but you have to leave it to go anywhere and Ocala is not one town I would want to live at all.

I never feel safe in Ocala. Unless I am slightly west of the highway. East side makes me very uncomfortable.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:49 AM

6,480 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Just your opinion Sunny-Days. I have been in the Ocala area for over 20 years and I feel very safe. Plenty to do here and do not have to go far to do it.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 7,084 times
Can anyone give me a rundown on the older homes in OTOTW? Very few decent and the rest look pretty shabby. What are the current HOA fees,taxes and other utilites

Old 10-18-2013, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,261 times
I am a divorced female 61 and thinking of moving to a 55 and older community,how is it living single in these communities?

Old 10-19-2013, 03:27 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
That's a very broad question, The Villages allows ppl who are thinking of moving there to stay for a few days - reservations have to be made in advance and there's a reasonable fee - for more details, check out their website or just google them, we did that and it's a great idea. Anyway, everyone's different, some ppl like them and some dont, the communities are different too, some offer more activities (such as The Villages), some offer a few, some have golf, some don't, some offer activities in the clubhouse (if there's a clubhouse). What are you looking for and how much are you thinking of spending? SOmetimes it's a good idea to rent first to get an idea of how they really are. Would make a list of exactly what you're looking for and do some research, there's plenty of info here if you do a search, narrow them down and come for a visit (we visited other communities while we were there bc we were from a distance away and it was difficult driving back and forth), you wont be sorry.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,569 times
I would look very hard and be sure. There are many restrictions and rules. I once like it here but no more. I really like Ocala and will stay here but I would more than likely go to Stone Creek.

Jean, Ocala
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala