Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 04:31 AM

1 posts

Advertisements

Hello my name is kyr. Thanks for having me as part of these forums.
I've been living out of my car for almost three months after going through a nasty eviction. My husband and I are both disabled and on SSI. Days after moving ini requested to have a Ramp installed even if it was a ramp that was detached from the porch just a fold up one. I was told she didn't feel comfortable with my request. I also asked for assistant rails in the shower. My request was denied. Because I have a felony from my past she also made me write a letter explaining what was going on in my life and my husband's life at the time. The rent was $800 before we moved in after moving in it went to 1379. The house or shall I say mobile was not habitable but having two dogs a felony and both of our backgrounds being displaced already for my home but it's in a desperate situation so we took it. We had mold the stairs was not walkable but we attempted anyways in order to get in and out until one day after putting in numerous requests to have the stairs fixed my husband fell through the porch of the back stairs. I went to report it I reported it to department of agriculture who then contacted the owner who never responded back to anyone my text agriculture no one. This went on for minds playing trying to play tag with her but never had any response never had any luck no one attorneys no one. The last rent that we had paid was returned saying it was a duplicate check shortly after they filed for an eviction saying on rent. The judge didn't want to hear anything so we were evicted a rid of possession was carried out wow my case was still open. I do believe that the eviction became the right a retaliatory eviction after my husband went through the stairs the fact that we exercised our rights came into play. Please someone tell me what your thoughts are and what do I do I'm not from this state nor is my husband the rules and regulations when it comes to landlord tenants are completely different please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:47 AM

6,486 posts, read 10,360,322 times
I wish there was an easy answer/solution for your dilemma, but there isn't. If a judge already rejected your initial case, I just don't see much hope for you to win. I suppose if you found a heavy hitter attorney willing to take your case on contingency, that would be your only option (think Erin Brockovich). Just wondering, what state do you live in? I don't have any resources that would help you find additional help. Best wishes.

Old Today, 10:09 AM

3,443 posts, read 2,420,258 times
You moved into an uninhabitable house and DAYS AFTER you moved in, demanded accommodations.

That's not how things work. You either negotiate those accommodations before you move in, or you find a place that already has those accommodations.

So now you need to start over. It sucks, but that's what everyone else has to do, if they find themselves in a situation like that.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

9,149 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Maybe go back whence you came and where you understand the rules and regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala