Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2006, 02:55 PM

566 posts, read 2,058,784 times

Advertisements

Hmmm....interesting.
You know, an area I also liked in my travels is Yalaha. Not new cookie-cutter development type, not big like some in Howey, nor was it like some places I saw in Apopka. Just an adorable clean middle class neighborhood w/neat homes. People looked like they took pride in their homes, too. U.S. flags waved in the wind....
I have some photos, though my husband has to get a certain progam so I can download them to my new updated & carefree computer, sigh.....

Last edited by lulu; 11-07-2006 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-07-2006, 04:13 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Hmmm....interesting.
You know, an area I also liked in my travels is Yalaha. Not new cookie-cutter development type, not big like some in Howey, nor was it like some places I saw in Apopka. Just an adorable clean middle class neighborhood w/neat homes. People looked like they took pride in their homes, too. U.S. flags waved in the wind....
I have some photos, though my husband has to get a certain progam so I can download them to my new updated & carefree computer, sigh.....
That is is a really cute town! I agree with you there!!!

I know it is not even close to Ocala, but I remember Dade City being a lovely town years ago!!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:32 PM

[CENTER]http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/MO13.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Marion Oaks, Ocala Sampler...[/CENTER]

The Winn-Dixie is not very big, but the plaza has a Video store/Post Office, Great little Chinese Restaurant, Real Estate Office, Pizza shop, Nail salon and H&R Block.... This is also the place that my car seems to attract other peoples car doors (DINGS)! And I park way away from everyone.

There are two gas stations in MO, but you can not pay at the pump. There are Two Banks and Two Pizza Shops.

Sorry about the photo quality!!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 PM

34 posts, read 346,365 times
Hi again,

Thanks for posting the photos. Way better then the cell phone photos my husband takes. Question for you though... is this supposed to show how bad marion oaks is? Because the pictures dont seem to bad. Shows newer and older homes. My husband drove by the school today that my son would be going to and he said there is nothing but new homes and new developments going up around it.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:40 PM

The photos are just fine. Seems like I'm there still.
The second photo is a gem...are those car seats w/a table or a sofa out there??
What's that on the far right on the 3rd photo?? Clothes??

I'm still wondering why the realtor started me off on the old section?? The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't to experienced in the area. Well, it is huge anybody can get lost there.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:59 PM

Getting lost is Easy here! LOL

Here are better views of a two of the photos, I only took a couple of pics... As a former professional Foreclosure RE Agent, I know People do not take kindly of strangers photographing there home! hehehe
[CENTER]
http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/MO14.jpg (broken link)
This one is flanked by piles of Garbage Bags

http://www.newandusedhomes.com/MO/MO15.jpg (broken link)
No, not car seats... these are two fine Love Seats, ment for lazy sunny afternoons. hehehe
I passed atleast three homes with livingroom furniture on the front lawn today[/CENTER]

Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM

Ha, ha, ha, ha, heee, heee.......ha, ha....haaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!

Love the architectural design of the neatly piled garbage bags...and the love seats are a wonderful idea for romantic evenings under a starry Florida sky.
I truly hope the newer sections don't eventually end up that way, too.
Anyhow, I gotta go...and I mean I really have to goooooooo!!!

P.S. Clarissa hope you are not feeling bad. I'm sure your husband rented in a newer nicer section.

Last edited by lulu; 11-07-2006 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-07-2006, 08:04 PM

18 posts, read 105,079 times
Ocala is hilly and grassy, looks like Kentucky horse country to me. Very pretty, getting expensive though. Marion County supposedly has the highest rate of growth in the state. It is smack dab in the middle of Florida so it gets hot, hot, hot in the summer, and there are whopper thunderstorms in the afternoon, and sometimes tornados, but it's not Kansas or anything. Tornados here are more often associated with the outer bands of hurricanes, which you get plenty of warning for. If you are worried about thunder and lightening, when you see the sky blacken up, get inside until it passes. It'll be quick, and then the sun will come out for the rest of the day. Florida is subtropical, it rains here more than other places, but it isn't drizzly for days and days at a time. Believe it or not, the nice weather can become a little monotonous here. I'm personally fond of thunderstorms and am look forward to some cooler weather soon (it's still in the 80's in Fort Lauderdale).

Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
Default House to sell in Ocala

To all I have a new home to sell in Ocala 2 stories (Forest Glenn) it has all utilities under ground and it is well populated with other houses. the home is a 4 BR/ 2 1/2 bth, on 1/2 acre of land mls 233524. check it out and let me know if interested, since you're moving to Ocala. Good luck on your move. Thanks.

Last edited by Ocalahome; 11-13-2006 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: to add picture

Old 11-13-2006, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
There are lots of new home for sale. I have a new construction for sale large rooms and 1/2/ arcre of land in a very developed area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala