Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,030,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoseph View Post
I wish there were freestanding Chik fil A's..looooove them and they have the best sweet tea (next to Grandy's in Houston)..if I had the money I would invest in the franchise
Most Chick-fil-A's are free standing, I know in Ohio a lot of them are in malls, but there is a free-standing one near Canton I know of for sure. Almost all in the south are free-standing, think we have around 10 in the Columbia metro area, and all but maybe 1 I think are free-standing.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM

174 posts, read 698,471 times
Why are there no Jack in the box restaurants, Because it's freaking nasty

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM

14 posts, read 58,259 times
A new Sonic opened up in Streetsboro about a month ago.
Del Taco has made it into NW Ohio in Toledo, but corporate is seeking franchisees in the rest of the state.
Most Jack in the Boxes are company owned (over 95%) but the company is seeking to franchise some company owned locations as well as expand into new locations with franchise owned stores. Ohio and every state adjacent to it are not currently released for development yet. However, if someone had a proposal to open up 20 units in a market they probably wouldn't turn you down. Of course, it'd probably cost you an investment of $10 million so it's not a deal for just anyone.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 AM

455 posts, read 1,885,809 times
When I was overseas in London, there was a huge chain of Portugese (peri-peri) chicken places that were out of this world. The chain is called Nando's and they are just starting out here in the US. Hopefully in the midwest soon...this place is seriously gooood.

http://www.nandosperiperi.com/index.cfm

Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 AM

14 posts, read 58,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
When I was overseas in London, there was a huge chain of Portugese (peri-peri) chicken places that were out of this world. The chain is called Nando's and they are just starting out here in the US. Hopefully in the midwest soon...this place is seriously gooood.

http://www.nandosperiperi.com/index.cfm
I LOVE Nando's! Nando's is big in South Africa, where it started. There are 26 in Canada, 7 in Ontario alone so I try to hit one up when I'm there. Would love to see them around here!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:15 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,544,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Most Chick-fil-A's are free standing, I know in Ohio a lot of them are in malls, but there is a free-standing one near Canton I know of for sure. Almost all in the south are free-standing, think we have around 10 in the Columbia metro area, and all but maybe 1 I think are free-standing.
There's a free-standing Chick-fil-A about a mile from my house; we ate there night before last!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 AM

5 posts, read 14,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post
Why are there no Jack in the box restaurants, Because it's freaking nasty
Amen to this!

There is a reason why it is called "Junk in the Box" by most that have eaten there. Same old typical greasy burger that you can get at any other fast food place.

Not sure why Sonic is so highly rated? Why would I want to frequent a place where I have to eat in my car? No way do I want that smell or grease in my leather seats.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsoto View Post
Amen to this!

There is a reason why it is called "Junk in the Box" by most that have eaten there. Same old typical greasy burger that you can get at any other fast food place.

Not sure why Sonic is so highly rated? Why would I want to frequent a place where I have to eat in my car? No way do I want that smell or grease in my leather seats.
I think Sonic is so highly rated b/c of their drink selection. I don't think their food is anything different from any other fast food joint, but gotta love those limeades (cherry to be exact!) and slushes!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:56 AM

455 posts, read 1,885,809 times
I only know what Chick-fil-A is from a song I can't seem to remember by The Dead Milkmen. I had no idea they actually existed around Ohio until I moved from Columbus to Cincinnati. I saw one in Springdale on Kemper Rd. the other day and was tempted...hrmm Is it really that bad?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 PM

7 posts, read 13,900 times
I've never heard of Jack- In- The- Box. I don't get out much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio