Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,731 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Portsmouth soon for work. I went to Portsmouth today to look for an apartment and I could not find anything, so I'm hoping someone can help. I looked all through Portsmouth and Wheelersburg and all the apartment complexes I visited were dirty or otherwise shady looking. Is anyone aware of an apartment complex in the area that is nice? I'd need it to be within 20 minutes of Portsmouth. Renting a house is also a possibility. Many of the neighborhoods didn't look so great but the area around Coles St. near the hospital looked nice. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:57 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1286 View Post
I am moving to Portsmouth soon for work. I went to Portsmouth today to look for an apartment and I could not find anything, so I'm hoping someone can help. I looked all through Portsmouth and Wheelersburg and all the apartment complexes I visited were dirty or otherwise shady looking. Is anyone aware of an apartment complex in the area that is nice? I'd need it to be within 20 minutes of Portsmouth. Renting a house is also a possibility. Many of the neighborhoods didn't look so great but the area around Coles St. near the hospital looked nice. Thanks for any help.
Yes Dan you need to rent up on the hilltop but there are nice homes near the college also.Contact a local real estate agent [Neal Hatcher or Century 21] they have homes to sell or rent if you can afford to buy at least you could get a return for your money houses are really cheap right now thats what I'am going to do when my CD matures buy more rentals.They are building a 3 story complex across from the new elementary school but i heard its already filled up the college is having a student housing crisis here.

The town is dirty I have been on my city councilman about the condition of our streets and alley ways for sometime now but we need good people as your self to help make Portsmouth a place you would want to raise a family so its a very big uphill battle with thoses in charge.They are going to put an admendment next election to go back to a City manager style government which hopefully will put us back on the map but our city will only be as great as its citizens.

Best wishes and hope for your new job and future...

Old 08-18-2011, 09:55 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
They are going to put an admendment next election to go back to a City manager style government which hopefully will put us back on the map but our city will only be as great as its citizens.
This seems like a good idea. Portsmouth strikes me as a city with a lot of legacy to deal with -- my guess is there are too many politicians with too much power, based on days gone by when the manufacturing sector was huge and there was a ton of money. Hopefully you get a good city manager to help with the transitions.

The city is in a beautiful setting, Shawnee state forest just to the north, the ohio river right to the south, a fair amount of early architecture. I enjoy visiting.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
This seems like a good idea. Portsmouth strikes me as a city with a lot of legacy to deal with -- my guess is there are too many politicians with too much power, based on days gone by when the manufacturing sector was huge and there was a ton of money. Hopefully you get a good city manager to help with the transitions.

The city is in a beautiful setting, Shawnee state forest just to the north, the ohio river right to the south, a fair amount of early architecture. I enjoy visiting.
Yeah i was going to live at Lake Waynoka but decided to stay here
Politics is PORTSMOUTH's biggest problem along with the old money people...love the SHAWNEE FOREST region during the fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio