Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 04:04 PM

152 posts, read 187,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Paranoia cannot exist when the truth, based on facts and experience, exists.

The Overzealous Delusional Hometown Supporter award 2015 is most likely going to be a win for you. Please continue to counter Cleveland's West Side Market with Jungle Larry's and promote that your city spend millions of $ on national political conventions with an Arena opened the same time David Cassidy and The Brady Kids were doing national concert tours. Don't forget the Bullet Train to Chicago either.
Besides suggesting that Jungle Jim's was well known on a regional and National scale I have stated or commented about none of these things on this forum. Besides suggesting that Cleveland is a great city on par with the other two C's and that we should somehow stick together and market ourselves to show people on the coasts that we have a wonderful state full of viable and economical city choices within which to live and do business, I have not once derided or suggested Cleveland is a bad place. Oh, and I'll take Findlay Market any day. You sir are a liar and will openly contradict yourself In order to win one of your one sided arguments while the rest of us sit back laughing while you make a considerable fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 04:21 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,964,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by immersedincincy View Post
Besides suggesting that Jungle Jim's was well known on a regional and National scale I have stated or commented about none of these things on this forum. Besides suggesting that Cleveland is a great city on par with the other two C's and that we should somehow stick together and market ourselves to show people on the coasts that we have a wonderful state full of viable and economical city choices within which to live and do business, I have not once derided or suggested Cleveland is a bad place. Oh, and I'll take Findlay Market any day. You sir are a liar and will openly contradict yourself In order to win one of your one sided arguments while the rest of us sit back laughing while you make a considerable fool of yourself.
The topic was my opinion that Cincinnati has an issue with Cleveland; one based on competition but mostly jealously. You played into the whole ''Cleveland has the WSM...Cincinnati has Jungle Larry's''. The whole ''Cincinnati has...'' line. Never said you hated Cleveland or put it down. You have consistently made this personal which is odd in and of itself.

So, to counter your ''somehow we should stick together and market ourselves'' line I pointed out a clear example: Cleveland competing and winning the 2016 RNC without a peep of support prior to nor a congrats after, even chalking it up as a win for the state. You and some others then went the ''bow down to Cleveland'' etc lines. Sorry.

Thanks for letting Cleveland know it is a great city and is on par with Columbus and Cincinnati

Old 01-31-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
The topic was my opinion that Cincinnati has an issue with Cleveland; one based on competition but mostly jealously. You played into the whole ''Cleveland has the WSM...Cincinnati has Jungle Larry's''. The whole ''Cincinnati has...'' line. Never said you hated Cleveland or put it down. You have consistently made this personal which is odd in and of itself.

So, to counter your ''somehow we should stick together and market ourselves'' line I pointed out a clear example: Cleveland competing and winning the 2016 RNC without a peep of support prior to nor a congrats after, even chalking it up as a win for the state. You and some others then went the ''bow down to Cleveland'' etc lines. Sorry.

Thanks for letting Cleveland know it is a great city and is on par with Columbus and Cincinnati
My opinion is you personally are delusional and paranoid, Cincinnati the city that consists of over 2 million people MSA does not collectively have it out for Cleveland we are not a person. I don't care if you did live hear and hear a couple Bengals fans say "Cleveland sucks!". I actually have many friends from Cleveland living here who think we'll of their home city. I believe them, it's a great place.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:25 PM

Oh and the congrats thingy, I wouldn't wish the f-ing GOP convention on my worst enemy.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Oh and the congrats thingy, I wouldn't wish the f-ing GOP convention on my worst enemy.
Wow, are you seriously angry about all this? Wow...and I need to throw in a yikes. I think I said this before that I would not want to deal with you in person; people that get ''angry'' usually...oh, never mind.

It's not just the congrats, it was no support or best of luck. Sour grapes, like you, from Cinci. Right, and you're glad Cinci didn't get the GOP Convention. 50,000 visitors, world-wide coverage and exposure, multiple hundreds-of-millions $$ in spending, nah, Cinci doesn't care. Don't think Cinci will land the DNC either; hell, even Columbus has a better chance than Cinci now. Cinci won't get a convention until it has a new Arena and with its 2 million population in its something close 15 county region, it won't until it lands an NHL or an NBA team. Sorry....

Cinci best step its game up to compete with Indy and Columbus; these cities are in Cinci's orbit.

''If only the 3 Cs could somehow get along''....lol

Old 01-31-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
My opinion is you personally are delusional and paranoid, Cincinnati the city that consists of over 2 million people MSA does not collectively have it out for Cleveland we are not a person. I don't care if you did live hear and hear a couple Bengals fans say "Cleveland sucks!". I actually have many friends from Cleveland living here who think we'll of their home city. I believe them, it's a great place.
Thanks again for the Cleveland affirmation based on others' opinions. Sorry, but it was more than a couple of Bengals games; start with the Enquirer and go from there. Its most recent was the shock and awe of losing to, of all places, Cleveland. That's not a football rivalry.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks again for the Cleveland affirmation based on others' opinions. Sorry, but it was more than a couple of Bengals games; start with the Enquirer and go from there. Its most recent was the shock and awe of losing to, of all places, Cleveland. That's not a football rivalry.
Broken record.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Cinci wished that it could have landed that GOP thingy. Cinci will really be a big city when its streetcar opens; you know the streetcar line already broke financially so Cinci, or I should say ''d'Nati'', can create an image like Portland. Against wise opposition, Cinci jammed this thing through and will pay any price to build this streetcar just to say it has one. I know the streetcar carrot was used to try and land the GOP Convention ''look, you can pay to ride the streetcar to your hotel right over there, a block and a half away''.

I don't get the logic of pointing to a small, compact and walkable downtown, which Cinci is, and building a streetcar limited to that same area, that by the time you wait, pay and ride, you could be at your destination faster on foot.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Broken record.
''Cleveland's a great city on par with Cincinnati and Columbus...'', could be the best one yet.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,131,810 times
Capitol Insider: Nominee could command the Horseshoe | The Columbus Dispatch

Apparently, Philadelphia already has a large convention scheduled for the time of the DNC. If it can't be moved, that might very well take them out of the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio