Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 09:41 AM

4 posts, read 3,549 times

Advertisements

Hello guys

I will be moving soon to Ohio, BGSU grad school, I found an appartment at 825 third Street. I want to know some opinions about the place, s it safe, close to Univ, r there any shutles,

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 08:19 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,525,686 times
I don't know a whole lot about the area now as it has been 40 years since I graduated from BG and haven't been there much lately, but you are only about 3 blocks from the edge of the campus in a residential area that was pretty nice in the early 70s.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM

133 posts, read 196,008 times
Just saw this. You will love BG.

As far as safety goes...I never felt unsafe while I attended BG. Typical college crimes. Just be smart, don't walk alone at 3am back from the bars.

The area you are all looking at is all students, not sure what type of environment you are looking for. I had a friend who lived in apartments close to those and never had issues.

I would also suggest checking to see if there are any places on Church St. downtown. Sometimes you can find a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom back in quiet neighborhoods for good prices.

Copper Beech are across 75 on Napoleon road and are a little more upscale. They run a shuttle to campus everyday and a shuttle to the bars on the weekends. They have some amenities like a workout area, sand volleyball, and usually throw a party every couple of months for the complex.

http://cbeech.com/bowlinggreen/

Here are the BGSU bus routes...

Bowling Green State University

Your initial place would let you be on campus in just a few minutes, from there you could take the bus anywhere. You are about a 15 minute walk to, Polleyes (best bread sticks you will ever have) and 15-20 minutes from the bars and restaurants downtown. SBX (off campus bookstore), Myles Pizza (another BG favorite), Pita Pit, and Subway are all just west on Wooster from you.

There is a Kroger on Main St. north of downtown that one of the buses runs to. Meijer is across 75 and WalMart on Main towards the south end of town, neither of them have bus.

All of these places are less than a 10 minute drive.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. BG is a great school and the people are truly the nicest you will find. Myself and most of my college friends have season football tickets and make it back to campus 10-15 times a year.

Roll Along!

Old 05-28-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac1407 View Post
Just saw this. You will love BG.

As far as safety goes...I never felt unsafe while I attended BG. Typical college crimes. Just be smart, don't walk alone at 3am back from the bars.

The area you are all looking at is all students, not sure what type of environment you are looking for. I had a friend who lived in apartments close to those and never had issues.

I would also suggest checking to see if there are any places on Church St. downtown. Sometimes you can find a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom back in quiet neighborhoods for good prices.

Copper Beech are across 75 on Napoleon road and are a little more upscale. They run a shuttle to campus everyday and a shuttle to the bars on the weekends. They have some amenities like a workout area, sand volleyball, and usually throw a party every couple of months for the complex.

Copper Beech Bowling Green OH | Campus Apartments | University Apartments | Student Apartments | College Apartments | Apartment Rentals

Here are the BGSU bus routes...

Bowling Green State University

Your initial place would let you be on campus in just a few minutes, from there you could take the bus anywhere. You are about a 15 minute walk to, Polleyes (best bread sticks you will ever have) and 15-20 minutes from the bars and restaurants downtown. SBX (off campus bookstore), Myles Pizza (another BG favorite), Pita Pit, and Subway are all just west on Wooster from you.

There is a Kroger on Main St. north of downtown that one of the buses runs to. Meijer is across 75 and WalMart on Main towards the south end of town, neither of them have bus.

All of these places are less than a 10 minute drive.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. BG is a great school and the people are truly the nicest you will find. Myself and most of my college friends have season football tickets and make it back to campus 10-15 times a year.

Roll Along!
That's Pagliai's. Your phonetic spelling was close, but you will never find it if you are looking up their menu or phone number.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:42 PM

133 posts, read 196,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
That's Pagliai's. Your phonetic spelling was close, but you will never find it if you are looking up their menu or phone number.
Pagliai's is on S. Main in town. Polleyes is the correct spelling. Campus Polleyes is the famous one. I don't know anyone who has ever gone to Pagliai's, I'm assuming it is a townie favorite. I know they have a buffet.

Campus Pollyeyes

http://www.pagliaisbg.com/

Last edited by AndyMac1407; 05-28-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 02:41 PM

Sorry. It's been a while since I spent time in BG. When I was there, there was no Polleyes, just Pagliai's, pronounced "polly-eyes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio