Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 12:25 PM

44 posts, read 91,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebabe90 View Post
I live in Lima, OH. It sucks! We are moving to SC soon because Lima is a trash town. If you want to live in safe neighborhood, try Bath TOWNSHIP (not bath ohio)-outskirts of lima. Bath is very popular to live because its safe, but you wont find many rentals in that area because its nice. Shawnee is not a bad township to live in either. Cridersville is a town about 10 min away south of lima off I75. Its VERY small with no red lights, a lot of hillbillies live there.
Problem with lima is their is literally NOTHING to do. No farmers markets, no flea market-outside to enjoy, their is a mall- overpriced and sucks. If we want to do things we have to drive to Cincinnati or Dayton.
Findlay is a town north of here is which pretty nice town to live in, but its a 40 min drive on I75 from Lima.
Lima of course has your festivals and fairs, which is full of trash.
The lakes: Grand lake (St. Mary's & Celina) is full of green slime they cannot control and cancer infested. Indian lake is nice, but also boring.
If you need more help direct message me. I am willing to help with anything. We are moving to Hilton Head so I also will be needing help when I move.
Good luck!
OH,, AND THE CRIME>....>TERRIBLE HERE. Druggies, prostitutes, crackheads, shootings, rapes, need I say more?
thank you for confirming what i have already mentioned. people thought i was lying lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 PM

34 posts, read 68,873 times
Default Slima.....not lima

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJEN78 View Post
thank you for confirming what i have already mentioned. people thought i was lying lol.
Truth is,,,,lima is not what it use to be!

Lima is known for the nickname Slima also. Back in the day, Yeah, lima was nice, now its full of welfare ****s who live off the government. Lots of black ppl also live here who are ALWAYS looking for a handout. I am from a small town called Coldwater, OH, and that sweet catholic town in Mercer County has also been taken over by the trash that moved in.

I cannot wait to get out of this HELL HOLE of a town.

Of course you have the people in office Dave Berger- Mr. mole man and also everyone on city council who talks so great about Lima. What a joke!!!!! Lima is turning into a little Detroit, and I hate Michigan.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 AM

34 posts, read 68,873 times
Default Slima, NOT LIMA

Quote:

Lima is known for the nickname Slima also. Back in the day, Yeah, lima was nice, now its full of welfare ****s who live off the government. Lots of black ppl also live here who are ALWAYS looking for a handout. I am from a small town called Coldwater, OH, and that sweet catholic town in Mercer County has also been taken over by the trash that moved in.

Of course you have the people in office Dave Berger- Mr. mole man and also everyone on city council who talks so great about Lima. What a joke!!!!! Lima is turning into a little Detroit, and I hate Michigan.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,852,547 times
Ada and Bluffton are both nice small towns within easy commuting distance to Lima. Minster is very nice but a little farther drive.

My parents live in Sherwood Park in American Township. It is on the west side. Local police officers have told me it is the safest neighborhood in the entire area.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebabe90 View Post

ill second everything you have said, while ive only been here 3 years, ive seen its deterioration. most of the housing here is section 8(welfare) and just like you said, its all welfare bums looking for handouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post

My parents live in Sherwood Park in American Township. It is on the west side. Local police officers have told me it is the safest neighborhood in the entire area.
while this is true, its also located right next to UNOH, specifically our tech and business dorms. drugs, and parties are very relevant in that area..crime is none. so it might be "safe", but be prepared for retarded techies ruining the peace and serenity.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,428,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrialmonk View Post
I have lived in Minneapolis, MN my whole life and LOVED it...the lakes, festivals, people and I generally feel safe riding my bike everywhere (I don't have a car). Recently my boyfriend received news that he would be relocated to Lima, OH to help with some work on a refinery. From what I've looked up online, Lima DOES NOT seem anything like Minnesota, nor does it seem safe. Is this accurate? I will be looking for a job and will have to bike to and from there and want to feel safe doing so. We have less than two weeks to find a place but I really do not want to live in Lima if its as bad as it seems.
Are there any other cities nearby that aren't as bad and are safer? What about activities or things to do in areas around Lima? Will I be bored or are their events and adventures to be had?
We are both in our mid-twenties that are open to trying new things but also love the outdoors and nerdy things...where would we fit in?
What should you know? Don't do it. Funny thing is, I moved from Ohio (Columbus) and now reside in Mpls. Never, whether I stayed in Ohio or not, would I ever move to Lima. Ever. I've passed through there and if you like a sad and forlorn city filled with under-educated people who have given up on life then you'll fit right in (you like meth, right?). For NW Ohio the only livable place I can think of is Bowling Green: just about the only liberal, bikeable town with some culture (thanks to its namesake university). None of the large cities in Ohio compare to Mpls, but without a doubt the next best places for largest cities are: near High St in Columbus, Cincinnati (reminds me of St Paul), and a small select number of neighborhoods in Cleveland.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
filled with under-educated people who have given up on life
hey now!!! im only here because lima has the best high performance program in the country. im not under-educated at all. and am just starting a new life, in hopes of getting the hell out of here when im done.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 7,136 times
I just relocated from Minneapolis to the Lima area for work. AVOID the city of Lima. it is all slum. I decided on Fort Shawnee just SW of the city. it is clean, upscale, working class, not HUD etc.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraevans View Post
I just relocated from Minneapolis to the Lima area for work. AVOID the city of Lima. it is all slum. I decided on Fort Shawnee just SW of the city. it is clean, upscale, working class, not HUD etc.
see, im not the only one with these views. and you havent even been here as long as i have.
i also moved to shawnee, alot nicer than lima.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,852,547 times
Quote:
ill second everything you have said, while ive only been here 3 years, ive seen its deterioration. most of the housing here is section 8(welfare) and just like you said, its all welfare bums looking for handouts.

while this is true, its also located right next to UNOH, specifically our tech and business dorms. drugs, and parties are very relevant in that area..crime is none. so it might be "safe", but be prepared for retarded techies ruining the peace and serenity.
The street where my parents live is very quiet. Several of the neighbors hire students to mow and landscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio