Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 11:18 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,159,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Edgewater is large lakefront park with a 900-foot swimming beach and 6,000 feet of shoreline. It's about a 5-minute drive from downtown.
900 whole feet? WOW, that's like the street frontage of 8 homes in a subdivision - that's huge! Maybe they should move the production of Hawaii Five-O to your pathetic, debris-infested, 900 foot beach.

And I loved one of the Plain Dealer pictures for Headlands Beach where they show the girls splashing around in green water. Bet there's no flesh eating bacteria there!

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cle...8-standard.jpg

Again: Boating? Great. Views? Great. Beaches? Not great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 07:01 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,486,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Cincinnati, to me, felt like THE biggest city in Ohio, period. I couldn't believe how "big city" it felt in the downtown area, with numerous blocks of skyscrapers and even some people walking around, though it could be more lively.
Perplexing opinion. Cleveland has much taller buildings, with the gigantic (not only in height) Key Tower dwarfing everything else in Ohio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ldings_in_Ohio

Cincinnati has relatively poor mass transit compared to Cleveland, with no rail transit and no rail transit center in the heart of downtown.

Cincinnati has neither an NHL or NBA franchise, which limits traffic in the downtown area in winter. E.g., Cleveland can be really hopping on days of Cavaliers games.

Cleveland's cultural institutions are among the best in the U.S. While Cincinnati's cultural institutions clearly are superior to those in Columbus, they do not compare to those in Cleveland.

University Circle is one of the great urban centers in the U.S. It features robust mass transit, top-notch cultural and medical institutions and a national university ranked 37th in the U.S., by far the highest of any Ohio national university.

The West Side Market is Cleveland dwarfs the Findlay Market in size, and is served by rail mass transit.

Most persons would conclude that Cleveland has the attributes of a "big" city much more than any other city in Ohio.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:06 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,501,815 times
^ Cincinnati also doesn't have the cold weather of Cleveland in the winter, so there are likely more people out walking around all year round. People in Cleveland avoid, and might I say for very good reason, just going for walks in the middle of January.

As a clevelander, I will say that downtown Cincinnati is cool. I stayed in a hotel downtown there last summer.mwaking up at 7 and watching everyone come into the city over all the bridges over the river from like the 12th floor was pretty cool and did feel like a bigger city than it actually is. Feeling bigger than Cleveland? I don't know. Neither are actually "big" cities, but both are in many ways more desirable than those.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
900 whole feet? WOW, that's like the street frontage of 8 homes in a subdivision - that's huge! Maybe they should move the production of Hawaii Five-O to your pathetic, debris-infested, 900 foot beach.

And I loved one of the Plain Dealer pictures for Headlands Beach where they show the girls splashing around in green water. Bet there's no flesh eating bacteria there!

The inaccuracy of your statements already are well documented in this thread. Your statements were so inaccurate that they seem in contradiction to your claim of having visited Edgewater.

As for your opinion of the size of Edgewater, there's no waterfront beach or park that's even in the same league in Cincinnati or Columbus. The vistas from upper Edgewater are excellent and popular.

Tens of thousands of persons will visit Mentor Headlands on a hot summer day on a weekend. Obviously, you would win your bet that there's no flesh-eating bacteria at Mentor Headlands.

Your blatant effort to malign and to belittle the value and use of Cleveland area beaches just is another indication of your bias and the unreliability of your opinions and statements.

It's interesting that you're so concerned about toxic-algal bloom, and yet you failed to note that East Fork State Park, a state park near Cincinnati, was actually posted with toxic algal warnings this summer.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...Fork-Lake.html

Last edited by WRnative; 10-26-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post

As a clevelander, I will say that downtown Cincinnati is cool. I stayed in a hotel downtown there last summer.mwaking up at 7 and watching everyone come into the city over all the bridges over the river from like the 12th floor was pretty cool and did feel like a bigger city than it actually is. Feeling bigger than Cleveland? I don't know. Neither are actually "big" cities, but both are in many ways more desirable than those.
It was in the 1980's, but it looks a little long in the tooth to me. If you ask me, it's not very attractive anymore. Indianapolis and Pittsburgh have the best downtowns in the region.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The inaccuracy of your statements already are well documented in this thread. Your statements were so inaccurate that they seem in contradiction to your claim of having visited Edgewater.

[/url]
I drove by and through Edgewater. I saw all the Trayvons and Trayvon-ettes there and I kept driving. I like not having my stuff stolen and I don't want to be the victim of a race riot.

I went to Lakewood Park -- No beach there just rock and a 100 foot drop. I then went to the debris-laden Huntington Beach. It sucked too.

Sorry, pal. Cleveland beaches suck.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I drove by and through Edgewater. I saw all the Trayvons and Trayvon-ettes there and I kept driving. I like not having my stuff stolen and I don't want to be the victim of a race riot.

I went to Lakewood Park -- No beach there just rock and a 100 foot drop. I then went to the debris-laden Huntington Beach. It sucked too.

Bigoted and inaccurate. Guess what I think "sucks."

Old 10-26-2015, 10:47 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,383,399 times
Quote:

Race riots? Lol. You are a real tool. Stay in your boring city of cowtown.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:49 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,112,635 times
Quote:

For the record, any beach is more than Columbus or Cincinnati have, and water quality issues are pretty much statewide at this point.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:56 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,501,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
For the record, any beach is more than Columbus or Cincinnati have, and water quality issues are pretty much statewide at this point.
This is true. Having lived in Cleveland, I did like going to edge water,because it was there. But marketing the beaches as a reason to like Cleveland seems like a reach. I love Cleveland, but it's not a re-creation of cape cod, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio