Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 PM

120 posts, read 461,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H-I-O View Post
"Owned"
Sweet replie dude. Hey hit me up on myspace man. We can discuss things we know nothing about and try to make total strangers on the internet think were smarter than we really are. "owned" gimme a break. Dont you have a video game to play. Shouldnt you be pledging to a frat right now.

Quit your bitching you got worked up and sent me an embarrassing message, it happens to all of us get over it. Your only embarrassing yourself further by posting here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:34 PM

21 posts, read 56,997 times
Who's embarrassed? I didnt feel the need to post what I said in the public forum. Next time I put you in your place Ill make sure not to do it via private message.

As far as bitching goes Im pretty sure that this entire thread is one giant B*tch about Ohio session.

Have you ever even been to Ohio?

Why do you feel the need to write about things you know nothing about.

I live in a great place on a great lake and Im a very proud rust-belt resident.

Do me a favor Trickmyster700 when you move out of mom and dads basement into a place of your own. Dont pick Cleveland its to good for you.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:28 PM

120 posts, read 461,454 times
hahaha just stop your way to much, thanks for giving my friends and I a good laugh for the night. Now go take your aspirin I don't want you having a heart attack from getting to worked up

Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM

17 posts, read 61,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAVacation View Post
TELL IT LIKE IT IS

1) Current or former Ohio location: currently Toledo

2) Why do you want to leave or have left?: probably going to leave due to winter climate, economy and that it's a long drive to family and places we'd like to be.

3) Where outside of Ohio and why: Raleigh, NC area due to the climate, location (2 hours to awesome beaches or mountains), lower taxes, decent economy, and quality of life issues.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place Choices: Texas or Colorado

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving if you haven't already left?: finishing up loose ends and researching future home.

6) Anything else you want to say? We've enjoyed our decade in the Toledo area. It is a nice place for families. The public library system, metroparks, zoo & art museum are fantastic. There are some good housing buys now but the economy and taxes are quite troubling. There are some great people in this area and we will miss it, but we don't have family here and know we don't want to live here the rest of our lives.
I just left Raleigh to come back north. I enjoyed my time and the weather, beaches, mountains, etc. A few things not to enjoy are the traffic jams, multitudes of illegals, gangs, poor schools, litter, personal property taxes.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickmystir700 View Post
hahaahah I think I upset O-H-I-O (the ohio fanboy) here is a recent message he sent me....
Aren't private messages supposed to be ... private?

Nice.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM

897 posts, read 2,825,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter58 View Post
I just left Raleigh to come back north. I enjoyed my time and the weather, beaches, mountains, etc. A few things not to enjoy are the traffic jams, multitudes of illegals, gangs, poor schools, litter, personal property taxes.
I tell people this all the time ... and they just don't want to listen. The days of moving on a whim to find greener pastures is probably a thing of the past. Stay put and enjoy life where you are at!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:05 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGal View Post
I tell people this all the time ... and they just don't want to listen. The days of moving on a whim to find greener pastures is probably a thing of the past. Stay put and enjoy life where you are at!
I agree 100% with that. I must say that there are a lot of Buckeyes in Charlotte. Seems like every where you go, you will see an Ohio license plate. I think (and this is just my opinion) a lot of Buckeyes are drawn to this area because of jobs. Many stay because of the "newness" of this City. My wife and I moved here a little over a year ago from Ashland KY. Ashland KY is just across the river from Ironton OH. Many people in that area are VERY familiar with Charlotte and some of its progress. They often talk about moving to Charlotte. Most don't move, but many do. I grew up in Charlotte before I moved to Ashland KY. My wife is from Ashland KY. We have met several of my wife's high school friends living here in Charlotte. We have actually met more of my wife's friends down here than mine and I went to high school in Charlotte.LOL!!! At any rate, I've posted a video link that shows a few of Charlotte's "new" urban efforts and progress. There is also a funny video of some drunk guy in Charlotte's uptown (downtown) dancing to a New Orleans style band. This is a typical weekend in Charlotte BTW. I am not sure if these night life videos are any more lively than Ohio's big three cities (I doubt they are. I've partied in dt Columbus and it was very much so ALIVE!!!). I think these videos will shed some light on a southern city many Buckeyes are flocking to and staying. Enjoy!!!

New Night life

YouTube - urban charlotte

YouTube - urban charlotte (funny dancing drunk)

New Mass Transit

New Urban Real Estate

New Urban Restaurant (there is more than just this, I just haven't recorded them yet)

Here is the page to all of my videos of Urban Charlotte
YouTube - urbancharlotte's Channel

I honestly don't think any of these videos show things worth leaving Ohio for. For some reason though, Buckeyes down here love it. I guess my question is "Is Ohio really that much different from Charlotte?" Any feedback on this question would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,029,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

I honestly don't think any of these videos show things worth leaving Ohio for. For some reason though, Buckeyes down here love it. I guess my question is "Is Ohio really that much different from Charlotte?" Any feedback on this question would be greatly appreciated!!!
At least coming from NE Ohio, the climate is much nicer in the Carolinas (outside of the 6 weeks or so in July in August when it can be very hot and humid). I was looking at the forecast for the rest of the week this morning, while today isn't too pretty, overcast and 60s, the rest of the week will be in the mid-70s and sunny - can't get that in Ohio in November, and not having to deal w/snow is awesome (I know you get a little bit more in Charlotte - but it only snows substantially here maybe once every 3-5 years). And as you mentioned, it's all about the jobs. We never would've moved to Columbia had it not been for my wife being laid off twice from 2 different schools in 2 straight years. Columbia doesn't have quite as many Ohioans as Charlotte does, but we've met/seen our fair share of them. The other good thing about living in the Carolinas, is we can get back to Ohio for a long weekend to see family/friends if need be since it's about 8 hours or so by car if needed.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:55 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,940,745 times
Ah, but it is in the 60 and 70s in NE Ohio this week. The weather is beautiful and, gasp! dare i say it's sunny!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:13 PM

897 posts, read 2,825,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
At least coming from NE Ohio, the climate is much nicer in the Carolinas (outside of the 6 weeks or so in July in August when it can be very hot and humid). I was looking at the forecast for the rest of the week this morning, while today isn't too pretty, overcast and 60s, the rest of the week will be in the mid-70s and sunny - can't get that in Ohio in November, and not having to deal w/snow is awesome (I know you get a little bit more in Charlotte - but it only snows substantially here maybe once every 3-5 years). And as you mentioned, it's all about the jobs. We never would've moved to Columbia had it not been for my wife being laid off twice from 2 different schools in 2 straight years. Columbia doesn't have quite as many Ohioans as Charlotte does, but we've met/seen our fair share of them. The other good thing about living in the Carolinas, is we can get back to Ohio for a long weekend to see family/friends if need be since it's about 8 hours or so by car if needed.
We have gorgeous weather this week in central OH as well. I am a native Southerner (have family in NC, SC, GA, FL ...) and often times when I talk to those in SC, NC the weather is not that much drastically different. You have a few weeks in the winter when it's cloudy and bone chilling cold here and many days of hot, humid heat in the South in the Summer. I laugh when folks talk about the drought they had in central OH last year. If a native Southern gal can handle the weather that OH has to offer, then anyone can tough it out. I'll take 4 gorgeous seasons over my native climate anytime! I'm here to stay in OH-IO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio