Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for in the 2016 general election?
Hillary Clinton 40 43.48%
Donald Trump 34 36.96%
Gary Johnson 9 9.78%
Jill Stein 3 3.26%
Other 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:20 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
My whitewash? Look, I attempted to write out my thoughts and it would be nice if you could do the same. If you disagree, fine, but tell me specifically why. I admitted Hillary is a liar, but as for supposed scandals, you can't actually prove a single one. In the US, the system of justice is that you need actual hard evidence to build a case for a conviction. The burden of proof has always been on the accuser, not the accused. Conservatives have been completely unable to put together a strong case against Clinton for anything. If she's totally corrupt and getting away with it, it's their fault for being too incompetent to bring her down. For me, as I have said a few times already, if the evidence can't be produced, it isn't logical to assume guilt anyway. It just becomes a political crusade rather than the seeking of justice, and justice should be the actual goal. Prove your case or move on.

What's funny about my belief that Obama supported gay marriage longer than when he publicly stated it? I'm sure that is true of many people, actually.

I am not sure I ever called her a champion of women. She's obviously a strong woman and on the precipice of officially becoming the presidential nominee for a major party, so at the very least, it's a somewhat historic moment for women in general. The seal has been broken for a woman to be president in the same way that Obama did that for AAs. There are still a lot of women who don't like her, but from polling, there are a lot more who don't like Trump. How did the party throw her under the bus in 2008?

I am not calling for the elimination of immigration laws. I am arguing that the current system doesn't work and that is why there is an illegal problem to begin with. I want to see reform. I am also arguing that that reform should actually be fair and compassionate. Is this really all that controversial?
Reagan's move was de-facto amnesty.

what "Chicago in the White House" mean exactly?
If you don't know what the ''Chicago in the White House'' means, then you're more naïve than I thought. Actually it's more appropriate to call it ''The South Side Chicago House''.

Talk about Trump race-baiting; are you familiar with Obama's race-baiting recklessness?

You don't know how the Dems threw her under the bus in 2008?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 01:16 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
If you don't know what the ''Chicago in the White House'' means, then you're more naïve than I thought. Actually it's more appropriate to call it ''The South Side Chicago House''.

Talk about Trump race-baiting; are you familiar with Obama's race-baiting recklessness?

You don't know how the Dems threw her under the bus in 2008?
I'd rather hear it from you than assume something. What do you intend it to mean, exactly?

What race baiting has Obama engaged in? Can you provide specific examples and how they constitute race baiting?

Um... no, actually, I don't. Can I just get some straight answers?

Old 07-08-2016, 04:22 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,147,006 times
Quote:
I'd rather hear it from you than assume something. What do you intend it to mean, exactly?

What race baiting has Obama engaged in? Can you provide specific examples and how they constitute race baiting?

Um... no, actually, I don't. Can I just get some straight answers?
TEACHABLE MOMENTS: 5 Times Obama Hated On The Police. “Before the facts were determined in either St. Paul or Baton Rouge, President Obama was on television making broad statements about the practices of law enforcement nationwide. Not that allowing an official investigation to take its course has mattered much to him before. Here is a short history of Obama’s habit of jumping to conclusions when it comes to the police.”

https://heatst.com/politics/obama-hate-police/

Quote:
Hillary was born in Chicago.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:14 PM

[quote=PerryMason614;44692071]TEACHABLE MOMENTS: 5 Times Obama Hated On The Police. “Before the facts were determined in either St. Paul or Baton Rouge, President Obama was on television making broad statements about the practices of law enforcement nationwide. Not that allowing an official investigation to take its course has mattered much to him before. Here is a short history of Obama’s habit of jumping to conclusions when it comes to the police.”

Old 07-09-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
TEACHABLE MOMENTS: 5 Times Obama Hated On The Police. “Before the facts were determined in either St. Paul or Baton Rouge, President Obama was on television making broad statements about the practices of law enforcement nationwide. Not that allowing an official investigation to take its course has mattered much to him before. Here is a short history of Obama’s habit of jumping to conclusions when it comes to the police.”

Hillary was born in Chicago.

Except Obama was right about police practices. Too many cops are not trained well or at all. And the hiring practices are incredibly poor. The Justice Department's report on Cleveland's PD was shocking, and that is just one example. Throw in all of that with systemic racism, something Obama should be very familiar with by now, and he wasn't wrong.
But since you guys support easily the most bigoted 2-party nominee in the last century at least, why would you see any of that? I mean, since the Chicago comment wasn't explained after a couple of requests, especially the "South Side Chicago" comment, I am going to go ahead and believe that it referred to the fact that the South Side is the poverty-stricken black side of the city. It sure seems like it was a "Obama's a Chicago black thug" comment to me. Again, I would say I would be surprised if I didn't know who you guys are supporting.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:53 PM

11,060 posts, read 12,452,032 times
^Chicago comment almost certainly a suggestion of corruption. Not racial. I thought it was actually pretty clear.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
^Chicago comment almost certainly a suggestion of corruption. Not racial. I thought it was actually pretty clear.
Of course it's about corruption;, it's Chicago, but of course everything is turned into being racial. Just like in '08 and '12, especially in '08, if you questioned or may have stated you weren't voting for Obama, you were racist. Even the Civil Rights activists Bill & Hillary Clinton had the ''racist'' card thrown at them.

I want no Chicago politician, of any race or creed near the White House, let alone occupying it, having them in Congress is enough. Look at the financial condition of Illinois and especially Chicago; who do you think did that?

That said, however, the south side of Chicago also has a distinct anti-police sentiment.

People like jbcmh81, some white dude from, I guess, central Ohio, can't discuss anything without throwing the race card in things.

It's revenge of the white suburb kids; people that grew up in suburbs, now ''urbanists'' but don't know or pretend to know why their families moved out of the urban big cities. Now their spoiled and obnoxious Millennials wanting to live in cities with ''demands'' for light-rail...lol.

Last edited by Kamms; 07-09-2016 at 11:22 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Except Obama was right about police practices. Too many cops are not trained well or at all. And the hiring practices are incredibly poor. The Justice Department's report on Cleveland's PD was shocking, and that is just one example. Throw in all of that with systemic racism, something Obama should be very familiar with by now, and he wasn't wrong.
But since you guys support easily the most bigoted 2-party nominee in the last century at least, why would you see any of that? I mean, since the Chicago comment wasn't explained after a couple of requests, especially the "South Side Chicago" comment, I am going to go ahead and believe that it referred to the fact that the South Side is the poverty-stricken black side of the city. It sure seems like it was a "Obama's a Chicago black thug" comment to me. Again, I would say I would be surprised if I didn't know who you guys are supporting.
Well, since you brought it up, what wonders did Obama do for Chicago's south side, his home base, since it's still, as you state ''the poverty-stricken black side of the city''. The South Side is not the only ''black side of town'' either.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I thought so too until it was changed to South Chicago, and then the context definitely changed. It implies the South side is the corrupt side, which happens to correspond to the AA side. Hard to not take that as racial. It's the same as the Trump campaign blatantly using an image of the Star of David in a description of Clinton being "most dishonest ever" and not finding it pretty anti-Semitic. I enjoyed blaming the movie Frozen, though, as the explanation.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Well, since you brought it up, what wonders did Obama do for Chicago's south side, his home base, since it's still, as you state ''the poverty-stricken black side of the city''. The South Side is not the only ''black side of town'' either.
Obama didn't save the South Side of Chicago, but attempting to better one's community is hardly something to mock.
And actually, yes, the South Side is clearly the dominant AA side. That doesn't mean they don't live anywhere else, but it's undeniable what the demographics of the South Side are. You can see that here: The Racial Dot Map: One Dot Per Person for the Entire U.S. Zoom to Chicago.

Most cities have a pretty clear racial divide. This was largely by design decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio