Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times

Advertisements

So, did you go out in vote yesterday? Did you not vote for Swanson and vote Dordea for Sheriff so that we have someone who cares about the people of Stark County and not just himself?

Ugh! I can't believe that over 60,000 people still voted for Swanson after the strip search incident with Hope Steffy and three teenagers

What is going on in Stark County?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 AM

566 posts, read 603,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
So, did you go out in vote yesterday? Did you not vote for Swanson and vote Dordea for Sheriff so that we have someone who cares about the people of Stark County and not just himself?

Ugh! I can't believe that over 60,000 people still voted for Swanson after the strip search incident with Hope Steffy and three teenagers

I personally didn't vote for either - I didn't research this category at all so I skipped it. Sorry!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:54 AM

25 posts, read 90,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post

60,000!!!!!!!

What >IS< going on there!?!??!

Are people buying that?
After backing his deputies in their sexual assault, then when the whole mess blew up in national news, that he called in the Attorney general???
Yeah right, he already knew that there would be an investigation. So then he covers his butt.

Tell me he didn't win.......I'm going to have to search now for this.....

Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 AM

Just the stuff we know FOR SURE is enough to get these sadists jail time.

You don’t leave a victim without medical care.

You don’t have males on females, let alone EIGHT people to strip a handcuffed woman. (4 men & 4women)

You don’t leave them naked, without at least a paper covering.

You don’t take them to be booked naked.

This has nothing to do with them thinking she was suicidal, it was almost CERTAINLY done to humiliate, embarrass, degrade and punish Hope Steffy.

And then there is all the DISPUTED stuff that we have.

That she was attacked by the deputy without just cause. (so he HAS to come up with a charge on her to cover his abuse)
That he pulled on her arm to get her ‘to react’ and then made it seem as if she was resisting.
Deputy and jailers claim that she was in mood swings, but NO VIDEO shows this.
That the deputy left her in the car, while he talked to someone at the jail. (This alone raises a red flag for me!!)
That she was told she could go home after questions.
That she was NEVER asked to remove her cloths.
That the officers attacked her without warning.
That her tooth & back were injured in the multiple attacks by police.

And then we have all the ‘missing’ video for icing on the cake……

Another Update:

As of May 5th sheriff Swanson has still NOT turned over all the Steffy video!
There must be something on there they don't want out.

Looks like a 5th woman is coming forward with her story. She said she fears reprisals for speaking out.
I can see why, it seems that everyone in that county is part of the problem, at least all the ones I have talked to.
And she works in the juvenile detention facility!

[http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88666]

And now surprise, the State Attorney General, who is supposed to be investigating this incident, is himself being investigated.

How would he be able to investigate the Steffy case, when he himself seems to be part of the problem????

They called for his resignation, but he refused, so now they are going the impeachment route.

CUT&PASTE:
Ohio Attorney General Marc Dann has refused to step down as Ohio's Attorney General, despite pleas that he do so or face impeachment.

[http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88687] (http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=88687%5D - broken link)

I can imagine what the state AG is up to. They are holding off on the investigation, until the Steffy settlement.

Which is supposed to be sometime this month.

Then more than likely, the settlement will include stuff to kill the rest of the investigation.

An official at the sheriff's dept claims this will not happen. That everything will come out after the state investigation is complete.

I been around the block a couple times and I didn't just get off the banana boat.

I'm calling BS on this, if I'm wrong, so be it. But I think they will quietly try to bury this in the settlement.

Anyone care to bet me $20?

This whole county needs to be cleaned out!

Link to Steffy’s lawsuit:
http://pamelahennessy.com/steffey.pdf (broken link)

CBS news analyzes Police abuse tapes:
CBS News - Search Results

A link to ALL the videos from WKYC the station that is covering the Steffy case:
Search Cleveland

Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Default Latest On Hope Steffy

Well the CantonRep paper has posted ALL the strip video, or what they claim to have of it. Unbelievable!
CantonRep.com | The Canton Repository | Canton, Stark County & Northeast Ohio News, Community Events & Classifieds (http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=433316&r=0&Category=15&subCategoryID= 0 - broken link)

Officials at Stark County & the State saying they could see nothing wrong with this video. And a few people on other sites have agreed with them!

BUT just so we’re all on the same page, lets review the video….

First of all, this video STARTS after Steffy is already forced down on the bunk. The camera operator tells investigators she doesn’t know WHY the whole recording isn’t there. And the piece that is “missing” is exactly when Steffy claimed she was never asked to remove her cloths & was assaulted by the staff. No problems with the ‘magic’ camera…RIGHT?

Plus what Swanson & the officials are saying is that not only is it ok for 8 people, men & women to be present, the men are also allowed to remove a woman’s cloths. EVEN if there are enough women there to do it.

And if a woman ‘reacts’ to being stripped by men & women, with spectators also standing there, while being videoed, the men are not ONLY allowed to RESTRAIN her, they are also allowed to pull her arms in submission holds, while yelling for her to “STOP IT”.

And then AFTER she is already stripped naked, its STILL ok for the men to put her in an arm bar submission hold, if she starts screaming while they force her crossed legs against her butt, while waiting to “change a mat”.

And its also ok for the camera, which is supposed to be on the prisoner at ALL times, to deliberately swing away so you can’t tell what they are doing to her. No problem here too RIGHT?

===== Yeah, just having a couple men TWICE her size, and a couple women, JUST restraining her isn’t enough, if she doesn’t cooperate, they can also TORTURE her into SUBMISSION. =====

And then once they leave, these “professionals” can have a good laugh…I guess they didn’t realize the camera was STILL running.

THIS is what ALL the Swanson supporters are good with…RIGHT?

Because Swanson and the “investigators” are OK with it.

YouTube - Suicide Precautions taken in Hope Steffey case

Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 PM

Been a while since I posted anything about this. I have found out a lot more about this, heres just a sample:

This is the BCI report that Agent Christy S. Palmer sent to John D. Ferrero, Prosecuting Attorney Stark County Ohio.
Dated April 16, 2008 BCI Case #: SI-76-08-14-0147

This is part of page 3

BCI-Report.jpg picture by Zemo999 - Photobucket

Sheriff Swanson has ALWAYS maintained that Steffey was ASKED & REFUSED to remove her cloths.

But here’s the BCI’s OWN REPORT that PROVES this is a LIE!

And then they try to explain away their first lie with another lie, about why it was done this way without asking Steffey to do it voluntarily.

They are trying to say that Steffey was resisting enough that EIGHT people (5 women, 3 men) couldn't take the chance of ASKING her to remove her cloths, or EVEN TELL HER WHAT WAS GOING ON!!!
What a crock!!

I did NOT see any resisting in the video, I saw eight cops parading her to the cell, with her in cuffs.

In fact EVERY video I have seen she is in cuffs!
And the ONLY times I have seen her react to the cops is after they have assaulted her or in the process of stripping her naked.

But apparently catching the sheriff's dept in a lie isn't a big deal to our "independent" BCI investigator, Christy Palmer, who seems ready to accept ANY excuse the sheriff's dept wants to use.

The report also goes on to say that they lowered Steffey in a slow controlled manner to the floor. Except that Steffey says she was thrown to the floor.
She also told her husband in a phone call that she thought the cops had broken her nose.
And she was treated by the nurse for the injury.
And in page 4 of this report Christy Palmer even states that Steffey reported that her nose was making "crunching noises".

So I guess this is proof of a second LIE! (Or third)

And still Christy Palmer, the "independent investigator" doesn’t think twice about accepting the word of the cops over the VICTIMS in spite of proof.
BTW, Christy also references a video that she says “proves that she was lowered in a slow controlled manner to the floor”. As far as I know, THIS would have to be on the 'non-existent' beginning of the strip video.
On May 5th when I asked about the "missing" video, I was told it would soon be released.
Now here again it looks as though it’s referenced...even though they NOW claim it does not exist.
Interesting. (I have filed a request for this video, but they said it had to be in writing.)

This isn’t so much an investigation report as it is a smear campaign against Hope Steffey.

The cops can polish this turd as much as want, this STILL STINKS!

BTW I don't know why they bothered to black out the names of Nurse Coren Lennon and the jail psychologist Thomas Anuszkiewicz, aren't they PROUD of the work they do?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 AM

UPDATE:

YouTube - OutSide of Hope Steffey's Cell while being assaulted

Ok heres a video you won't see on the news.

Heres the cops taking Steffey to the cell to strip her naked. This shows what was going on outside in the hallway.

The quality of the video is pretty bad. It will seem to 'skip' frames for quite a while in some places, but then take a bunch in a row at other times. Why it does this, I don't know.
All the cameras at the sheriff's dept seem to be in bad shape and "malfunction" right at critical moments.

I had to cut this video in half, it was 20 minutes long, from the time they took her in to the time they left the hall in front of her cell. So I cut off the front of it when they took her in.
Heres a link to the whole thing that should be good for a while:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

WHY does it take 20 minutes outside the hall to show a "suicide prevention" that only took 4 min?

The building camera, seems to skip a lot of frames, so you'd think it would be a shorter video.

But as you can see after they have closed up the cell after assaulting her, they all stand around and have a good laugh, so this will add some more time to the video.

As you can see from the video the big dufass in the white shirt, he stays at the door to the cell looking in all the time Steffey was being assaulted, and then he stays back around her cell afterwards, looking in....GEE, I wonder WHY?
Then afterwards he's joined by another officer who didn't get a chance to help strip Steffey and he starts walking down to have a look too.

WHY DON'T THEY JUST SELL TICKETS?!?!?!?

BUT THEN the camera seems to malfunction, and the next thing you see is a empty hall.
WOW, .....MORE "missing" video from Stark County Sheriff's Dept.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: