Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,961 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am contemplating an early retirement relocation to NE Ohio. I understand Youngstown has an extremely affordable cost of living. One thing I am curious of is the golfing options. Particularly, what is the Golf Club situation? Any idea of difficulty or expense of joining any of the clubs and which are the best courses?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,694,234 times
It's almost impossible to swing a dead cat without hitting a golf course around here.

Just a few country clubs off the top of my head are Reserve Run, Tippecanoe, Avalon Lakes, Fonderlac, and Youngstown Country Club.

We also have public courses out the ying yang. Flying B, Diamondback, Firestone, Pine Lakes, Millcreek, and many many more. You could probably play a different course every week for a year.

Cortland Girl works at a golf course. I'm sure she will have more info.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,945,708 times
SouthRange is right, there are a ton of golf courses around here and competition is steep. This is a plus for me and you because it keeps prices very low.

I don't know much about the courses in Mahoning Co., but i'll link you to some of the 25 or so courses in Trumbull Co.

Trumbull Country Club - Home Private Club They offer golf, a pool, tennis and a restaurant (as far as i know)

The Avalon Inn : A Charming Old World Resort Hotel Youngstown Ohio / Warren OH Area & Nationally Recognized Ohio Golf Course. (http://www.avaloninn.com/welcome.htm - broken link)

Avalon Inn - Northeast Ohio Full Service Resort (http://www.avaloninn.com/recreation.htm - broken link)

Walnut Run Golf Course Home Page Public Course w/$300 memberships

The Links at Walnut Run 9 Hole Golf Course $10 for 9-holes and a cart for the rest of the year

Old 07-29-2008, 08:51 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,945,708 times
Tamer Win Golf & C.C.

Pine Lakes Golf Club - The Best Value Golf Course in the Country!

Bronzewood Golf Course | Bronzewood Golf Course

Candywood Golf Club (Vienna, OH) Review | The Sand Trap

Actually, here's a couple links to all the courses in Trumbull Co.

http://www.exploretrumbullcounty.com...n/golfing.html

Ohio Golf Guide.com :: The online guide to Ohio's golf courses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio