Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

I did like the closing scene at the Memorial. Unfortunately I Tivo'd the show and for some stupid reason, the DVR stopped recording just as they cut away to some leaves blowing on a sidewalk. I don't know what (if anything) happened after that. I'm really glad to hear that it received good ratings. I'll make sure and contribute to those ratings again tonight. As for using an actual police car; I don't think they would have to do that, but I wish they would use some sort of symbol that would identify OkC on the cars. I want OkC to get a lot of (good) recognition that is overdue and shows like this (believe it or not) contribute mightily to a city's image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
Ya- my mother was freaked about the stereotyping....But I will take any national exposure(cant hide r roots). She also liked the closing with the memorial. I am going to look over the PO cars again.....To not have the city identity on the cars is a mistake especially when it involves a police drama.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:15 AM

UPDATE- Well the show is doing well and getting great reviews. Many say it will last for 3 yrs. It has been nice to see my skyline shots and places I know in OKC. But really the show isnt my cup of tea....But Holly Hunter is fantastic and makes the show worth watching. The topic of religion will continue to attract many people...whether they like it or not.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
UPDATE- Well the show is doing well and getting great reviews. Many say it will last for 3 yrs. It has been nice to see my skyline shots and places I know in OKC. But really the show isnt my cup of tea....But Holly Hunter is fantastic and makes the show worth watching. The topic of religion will continue to attract many people...whether they like it or not.
I'm like you Happytown. I'm glad the show is doing well and all (love the shots around town), but I don't find myself being drawn in too much. Holly Hunter is good, but the script seems to jump around too much and I have a hard time following what's really going on. It could be that I'm too involved in looking for landmarks that I recognize.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Looks like many might be upset over the success..Have fun with OKC in your living rooms for the next three years.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:02 PM

689 posts, read 2,058,524 times
I read recently - perhaps in the Oklahoman newspaper - that many of the exterior scenes are shot in Calgary...stockyards, etc. The Arcadia cafe exterior wasn't at Lake Arcadia; it was shot in California somewhere.

Is it because I'm an old broad and still remember when married couples had twin beds on TV...no one has mentioned all the men, all the sex scenes. I think they're unnecessary. I suppose that will be something else she'll be saved from, along with the drugs, drinking, smoking, etc.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM

Default NOPE SHOT IN VANCOUVER...LIKE MOST SHOWS ON TV...But 70 percent is shot in OKC...does that bother you or something???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
I read recently - perhaps in the Oklahoman newspaper - that many of the exterior scenes are shot in Calgary...stockyards, etc. The Arcadia cafe exterior wasn't at Lake Arcadia; it was shot in California somewhere.

Is it because I'm an old broad and still remember when married couples had twin beds on TV...no one has mentioned all the men, all the sex scenes. I think they're unnecessary. I suppose that will be something else she'll be saved from, along with the drugs, drinking, smoking, etc.

Ya- the show is rated for a mature crowd. No one has to watch it if they dont want to....But any comments are very interesting to me personally....just because I like to know feed back...being an ACTUAL resident of OKC. Unlike other so-called PRETENDERS...so easy to pick them out...BEEN ON THE FORUM TOO LONG NOT TO RECOGNIZE...Fine w/me as long as IT DOESNT CAUSE OKC VS TULSA WARS. How silly people can be...The immature retorts can be dissected like a FROG in 9th grade biology class. Its called TNT. AND Really do you want to bash OKC or give real input...Maybe you should ask yourself that question.....The show gives a summary of what it is about....You dont like it then call TNT and complain. Funny thing is...It will last more than 3 years...so just deal with it. Oh by the way typical so-called urban shots or HOLLYWOOD are shot in Vancouver...DO a lil' research before coming to silly conclusions.

Oh or maybe it is because you are an old broad??...Your the one who said it...LOL...Sleeping in separate beds??.......do i need to type anymore..... Have a nice day.....

Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
A reminder~If we all don't remember proper etiquette on this forum, REREAD the Terms of Service.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:41 PM

Talking Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
A reminder~If we all don't remember proper etiquette on this forum, REREAD the Terms of Service.
I def agree Jammie!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM

This is hilarious...But the show will continue for a long time...LOL.

YouTube - TV Disaster

Oklahoma City-set television series finishes season with top debut ratings

By Stefanie Brickman - 9/25/2007

Turner Network Television’s “Saving Grace” television series set in Oklahoma City completed its first season Sept. 17 outpacing other debuting primetime cable television series with nearly 5.3 million viewers.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

*Source: Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research data. Based on most current data available: Final Live + 7 (May 31 through Sept. 20) and preliminary Live + SD (Sept. 10 through 20). Premiere telecasts only.

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 05:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City