Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:30 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,767,984 times
That last photo is really cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times

How about some curbs, real sidewalks and underground utilities .

Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 PM

242 posts, read 765,385 times
^^ That picture is taken from a spot in Yukon, Oklahoma which is on the very edge of of the metro just before the landscape turns into the farms and ranches of the Western Oklahoma for hundreds of miles. It's outside of our widest freeway loop. They're doing pretty good to have a sidewalk of any kind out there. I really don't think you see a lot of buried powerlines and stellar pedestrian infrastructure on the outskirts of Liberty or Lee's Summit or Independence.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou_norman View Post
^^ That picture is taken from a spot in Yukon, Oklahoma which is on the very edge of of the metro just before the landscape turns into the farms and ranches of the Western Oklahoma for hundreds of miles. It's outside of our widest freeway loop. They're doing pretty good to have a sidewalk of any kind out there. I really don't think you see a lot of buried powerlines and stellar pedestrian infrastructure on the outskirts of Liberty or Lee's Summit or Independence.
I'm sure you could find something similar in the KC area, I was just teasing. Nice contrast though of a growing modern skyline silhouette in the distance with rough aging infrastructure in the foreground.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,759,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I'm sure you could find something similar in the KC area, I was just teasing. Nice contrast though of a growing modern skyline silhouette in the distance with rough aging infrastructure in the foreground.
Maybe your tired of being in DC(location)?? The tallest building is 96 meters and its the post office!!! I could care less about memorials and how a skyscraper could effect the philosophical balance of the area w many of them...SO...

I think its envy. hehe, bc your nothing but negativity.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Congratulations to Oklahoma City.

Your new skyscraper is gorgeous!!!!

I've been following the progress on it in SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 10,215 times
I think it makes the OKC skyline look weird now cause it's so much taller than the other buildings

Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Maybe your tired of being in DC(location)?? The tallest building is 96 meters and its the post office!!! I could care less about memorials and how a skyscraper could effect the philosophical balance of the area w many of them...SO...

I think its envy. hehe, bc your nothing but negativity.
sorry many, I just think it's too tall for the city. It makes the rest of the skyline look insignificant. I like the tower and it's cool for okc, but I just think it's way too tall and it will take generations, not years to fill in the rest of the city. OKC is not Charlotte.

That thing would look terrible in DC dwarfing everything in town BTW.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM

242 posts, read 765,385 times
There are lots of skyscrapers around the world that stand out from their surroundings very beautifully. Turning Torso in Malmo, Torre Agbar in Barcelona, Cuatro Torres in Madrid, London Shard... I think it can be really nice if the tower itself is beautiful and unique. Besides, it is only the view from the west or directly beneath Devon Tower that make it look extra big- pretty much true of all skyscrapers. From the north and east, it actually fits in really well with downtown.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:49 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,759,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
sorry many, I just think it's too tall for the city. It makes the rest of the skyline look insignificant. I like the tower and it's cool for okc, but I just think it's way too tall and it will take generations, not years to fill in the rest of the city. OKC is not Charlotte.

That thing would look terrible in DC dwarfing everything in town BTW.
Understandable...DC doesnt have a real skyline. I totally concur w the DC comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City