Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 863,215 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Edmond and just graduated from UCO. I was hoping to relocate to California, but my job didn't come as quickly as I had liked. I'm still hoping to move out there, but it might be a few more months before I get a job out there.

I currently work for Hertz at the building near Penn & Hefner. I've been looking for apartments in that general area (I'm fine with a 10-15 minute radius around there, as I'm used to a 20 minute drive from Edmond) that are somewhat nice.

Does anybody recommend any certain complexes on that side of the city? I'm just looking for a nice 1 bedroom, not paying any more than $650ish. Are there any certain apartment buildings I should avoid?

I've been looking a lot online, but just about all of the buildings get very mixed reviews. I really want to try and move into Level downtown, I just don't know if I want to spend that much yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 PM

Nobody has anything for me on this? Darn. I was hoping to get a few good opinions about some places. These apartment review sites are making me go insane, and I really don't know anyone who's lived in that part of the city.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
About 5 years ago I lived in an apartment at Sycamore Farms on Penn just south of 150th, but for only a couple of months. They were quite nice. I have no idea what one actually costs though. We were in a 2 bed/2 bath furnished corporate apartment.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
If it's just for a few months, how bad could it be? You obviously want to avoid Sec. 8 type apartments, but that's easy enough to do from your armchair.

Edmond isn't that far from Penn & Hefner. If you're content where you are, I'd suggest staying put. Unless you're in the far north or far east part of Edmond, your drive to Penn & Hefner can't be more than 15 minutes, I wouldn't think.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 AM

778 posts, read 2,321,986 times
If I were you I would not live anywhere around Penn and Hefner. That's a rough area and getting worse. In fact, I would not live anywhere south of Memorial, East of May or North of Nichols Hills/The Village. You would be much better living north of the Kirkpatrick Turnpike or west of May.

Better yet, if you are okay with a 20 minute drive, why not live deeper in the city? If you are a college grad, you are probably young. Not knocking Edmond, but its probably not the best place for a young person in his 20's. Your price range could get you in the neighborhoods just north of downtown, and you would be very close to Broadway (plus you would be going against traffic).

Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If it's just for a few months, how bad could it be? You obviously want to avoid Sec. 8 type apartments, but that's easy enough to do from your armchair.

Edmond isn't that far from Penn & Hefner. If you're content where you are, I'd suggest staying put. Unless you're in the far north or far east part of Edmond, your drive to Penn & Hefner can't be more than 15 minutes, I wouldn't think.
Well my current lease is up at the end of the month and I'm living in a three bedroom with two roommates, both of which are moving out, so I won't be able to stay in this place regardless. In addition to that, I'm really hoping to get out of Edmond to get around some new people.

From where I live now, it's about a 20 minute drive with traffic, 15 if I get off at night and there is little traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
If I were you I would not live anywhere around Penn and Hefner. That's a rough area and getting worse. In fact, I would not live anywhere south of Memorial, East of May or North of Nichols Hills/The Village. You would be much better living north of the Kirkpatrick Turnpike or west of May.

Better yet, if you are okay with a 20 minute drive, why not live deeper in the city? If you are a college grad, you are probably young. Not knocking Edmond, but its probably not the best place for a young person in his 20's. Your price range could get you in the neighborhoods just north of downtown, and you would be very close to Broadway (plus you would be going against traffic).
Yeah, I definitely don't want to live right in that area. I drive through it every day and know that I really don't want to live there.

I'm alright with a 20 minute drive, as that's what I do now from Edmond. I do agree, and I'm ready to be out of Edmond at this point.
I've been looking at some places in the Bricktown area. The prices are a little higher than what I'm hoping to pay, but I'll check out some of the hopefully more reasonably priced ones north of downtown. Do you know of any specifically in the area?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM

778 posts, read 2,321,986 times
There are a ton of 4 and 6 plexes randomly scattered between 13th and 50th, East of Western. So it would be kinda hard to narrow one down specifically. I think your best bet would be to cruise craigslist for something in Jefferson and Edgemere Park, right along Robinson. Maybe something like this:

Historic Jefferson Park-Large Studio Apartment

Or this.

Single bed apartment in Paseo

You can certainly keep a look out for for something, but the majority of Bricktown/Deep Deuce and Midtown will probably all be above your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City