Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 12:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,112 times

Advertisements

Looking for advice.
Back story. My small 8 pound dog was attacked by my neighbors 2 pit/mix large dogs. I was leaving for work and as I was walking out my dog ran out the door before I could grab her. She was in my yard, not leashes since she ran out so fast and was barking because she was excited and I was trying to get her so of course she thought it was play time. Well my neighbors 2 dogs heard her barking and busted out their screen door and got a hold of my dog before I could do anything. I know you’re not suppose to get in the middle of a dog fight, but I wasn’t about to watch my dog get shredded in front of me. I ended up kicking the **** out of her dogs and got mine loose and in the house. My neighbor did pay the vet bill, which surprisingly my dog got out farirly well. She had to get stitches, but she has since recovered and back to normal. Since she was willing to pay I accepted it and never called animal control. I should have, I don’t know why I didn’t and now I regret it.

So now my question. Her 2 dogs that past several weeks are constantly out and running the neighborhood. We have to walk our two dogs out to use the bathroom several times a day (they are leashed) because we don’t have a fenced in yard and we are just scared they are going to get out while we are out walking them. I want to call animal control and report it and report they did attack my dog before (I still have pictures) but I don’t know if I’m going to get in some type of trouble not reporting it when it originally happened. I just want her to keep her damn dogs in her back yard/house and not running the neighborhood. It makes us uneasy because they run directly to our yard every time.

I appreciate any feed back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 07:30 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Check OKC ordnance for dogs. Have you spoken with your neighbor about your concerns?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,112 times
I have not because she is extremely rude and confrontational 98% of the time. That is why when she was so willing to automatically pay the vet fees I was surprised and accepted it. We didn’t see their dogs at all for about a month or 2 and now they are just out everyday.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:44 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouski2424 View Post
We didn’t see their dogs at all for about a month or 2 and now they are just out everyday.
Something has changed over there. You might wait another week and see what happens. You could also have someone else call animal control when the dogs are running loose -- "concerned dog lover" -- that keeps your name out of it.

I might be wrong, but I suspect the problem will go away without action from you -- they will move out soon and/or get rid of the dogs.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:33 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Something has changed over there. You might wait another week and see what happens. You could also have someone else call animal control when the dogs are running loose -- "concerned dog lover" -- that keeps your name out of it.

I might be wrong, but I suspect the problem will go away without action from you -- they will move out soon and/or get rid of the dogs.
Great advice here ^^^

There has definitely been an apparent change since the dogs are loose frequently and it's not a good change since they have proven to be dog-aggressive by attacking the OP's dog previously.

I would think that there might be other people in OP's neighborhood who have dogs as their companion animals Maybe talk with neighbors and enlist their cooperation in letting animal control know if the dogs continue to run loose. If it were me, I would let the neighbors with dogs know what happened anyhow because I would not want their dogs to potentially be attacked by these dogs who run loose.

I like dogs...and all other animals for that matter, but if your dogs are aggressive you should not let them run free. For that matter you shouldn't let your dogs run free anyhow for their own safety and out of courtesy for others.

OP, you also may want to try posting this question in the Pets forum.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:12 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouski2424 View Post
Looking for advice.
Back story. My small 8 pound dog was attacked by my neighbors 2 pit/mix large dogs. I was leaving for work and as I was walking out my dog ran out the door before I could grab her. She was in my yard, not leashes since she ran out so fast and was barking because she was excited and I was trying to get her so of course she thought it was play time. Well my neighbors 2 dogs heard her barking and busted out their screen door and got a hold of my dog before I could do anything. I know you’re not suppose to get in the middle of a dog fight, but I wasn’t about to watch my dog get shredded in front of me. I ended up kicking the **** out of her dogs and got mine loose and in the house. My neighbor did pay the vet bill, which surprisingly my dog got out farirly well. She had to get stitches, but she has since recovered and back to normal. Since she was willing to pay I accepted it and never called animal control. I should have, I don’t know why I didn’t and now I regret it.

So now my question. Her 2 dogs that past several weeks are constantly out and running the neighborhood. We have to walk our two dogs out to use the bathroom several times a day (they are leashed) because we don’t have a fenced in yard and we are just scared they are going to get out while we are out walking them. I want to call animal control and report it and report they did attack my dog before (I still have pictures) but I don’t know if I’m going to get in some type of trouble not reporting it when it originally happened. I just want her to keep her damn dogs in her back yard/house and not running the neighborhood. It makes us uneasy because they run directly to our yard every time.

I appreciate any feed back.
Call the police and/or the dog pound. Children are at risk. There's no way to sugar-coat it. Protect the Little Ones in your neighborhood.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:16 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Having dealt with OKC animal control on several occasions, let me assure you they are the most worthless organization on Planet Earth.

That said, call them. For God's Sake, call them. Every Single Time You See a Loose Dog, Call Them! Describe the dog, tell them what it's doing, and if known, where it lives.

Things with Animal Control have tightened up a bit since that woman was killed last year. Still, they are worthless. But you have to do the bare minimum, and that's letting them know.

And no, you Do NOT wait a week or so. Call them this very instant.

Good God! It's not rocket science!

Old 02-09-2018, 02:47 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Having dealt with OKC animal control on several occasions, let me assure you they are the most worthless organization on Planet Earth.

That said, call them. For God's Sake, call them. Every Single Time You See a Loose Dog, Call Them! Describe the dog, tell them what it's doing, and if known, where it lives.

Things with Animal Control have tightened up a bit since that woman was killed last year. Still, they are worthless. But you have to do the bare minimum, and that's letting them know.

And no, you Do NOT wait a week or so. Call them this very instant.

Good God! It's not rocket science!
Agree with this. To the OP, call right now. You could literally save a child or another person's life.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:50 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
My experience is, you cannot talk to dog owners.

You will have to solve the problem yourself, one way or the other.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:23 PM

180 posts, read 668,646 times
Oklahoma is lenient with gun ownership. If you have to double tap to protect your children from an out of control animal, just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City