Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM

8 posts, read 26,479 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are expecting our twin boys this winter and would like to get a start on finding a pediatrician. We are not anti or pro vaccine but instead would like a doctor that would be willing to discuss both sides with us and support our decision. Does anyone know of a pediatrician in Oklahoma City that allows the parents to do delayed or spread out vaccines or is willing to discuss the option? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salinza33 View Post
Hubby and I are expecting our twin boys this winter and would like to get a start on finding a pediatrician. We are not anti or pro vaccine but instead would like a doctor that would be willing to discuss both sides with us and support our decision. Does anyone know of a pediatrician in Oklahoma City that allows the parents to do delayed or spread out vaccines or is willing to discuss the option? Thanks so much!
I don't live in Oklahoma and was actually looking for threads to verify whether or not the swine flu vaccine is going to be made mandatory in your state. However in my extensive research on vaccinations in general I've come across some sites that you might find helpful. One is www.brainguardmd.com This medical doctor's site has a vast number of resources and links to other sites. He has some video lectures as well as before and after pictures of children and adults (Gulf War Vets) that were vaccinated and suffered permanent neurological damage. I guess studies show that the greatest number of cases of SIDS is right after the 2 and 4 month old vaccinations so, you are right to want to think long and hard about vaccinations for your baby and when or even if you should bother with them.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 AM

242 posts, read 974,210 times
i would look for a DO who is a family practitioner. They are usually more health minded and see a patient as a whole , instead of treatingjust the symptoms. I also prefer Do's for their intrests in natural approaches. The one I see tests and adjusts my vitamin levels. Most are willing to delay vax and work with the parent on when and what to give.

I wish I could reccomend someone here for you, but I just dont know anyone. The DO (doctors of osteopathy) organization has a website with w Dr's search. I used to it find a DO in the state I am moving to. The website also has faqs that explain exactly what a DO is. Yes, they are Drs. they can perform surgery, prescribe medications and all that!

Your other option is an ND ( a natural Doctor). However, it can be harder to use one with insurance. Some insurance companies wont pay for them, some will.. and some will only pay for certain treatment. Most ND's are regular MD's who choose to practice natural medicine. I knew one who was a brain surgeon for many years!

Old 11-06-2009, 06:23 AM

259 posts, read 1,072,513 times
A natural dr definitely would- I know there are some here in the city.

We see a PA at Integris South Canadian Valley Family Care in Mustang.
Kelly Dennis. I like that their office only rx antibiotics for bacterial infections (Ive had previous Drs who just handed them out to my kids for anything!)
She also let me space my 2yr olds 12 month shots out. He had a bad reaction at a previous Dr for his 6 month shots. Ran a super high fever for days.
So I was thankful she's worked with us and allowed us to do that. Most Drs refuse to admit reactions to shots.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I don't live in Oklahoma and was actually looking for threads to verify whether or not the swine flu vaccine is going to be made mandatory in your state. However in my extensive research on vaccinations in general I've come across some sites that you might find helpful. One is www.brainguardmd.com This medical doctor's site has a vast number of resources and links to other sites. He has some video lectures as well as before and after pictures of children and adults (Gulf War Vets) that were vaccinated and suffered permanent neurological damage. I guess studies show that the greatest number of cases of SIDS is right after the 2 and 4 month old vaccinations so, you are right to want to think long and hard about vaccinations for your baby and when or even if you should bother with them.
I guess CISPA shut this site down. I guess it was revealing too much of the truth about vaccines. However if you research Dr. Andrew Moulden you should find a bunch of stuff. For example, here is an interview he did: Dr. Andrew Moulden (Interview): What You Were Never Told About Vaccines | Vactruth.com that you can read the transcript of.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:49 AM

49 posts, read 151,639 times
There are many doctors in the OKC are who would be open to delaying/selectively vaccinating. What area of town are you moving to? There is a great pediatrician affiliated with Baptist who is known to be more "crunchy". I live in Edmond and my pediatrician is great and has never had a problem with me delaying/spacing out vaccinations. I do fully vaccinate with some small exceptions (no rotavirus, no varicella) and for the rest, I space them out/delay so there are no more than 2 shots per appointment. I'd be happy to give you her name if you'd like.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,398 times
Does anyone know of a DO, ND, MD in Tulsa, OK who is open to delaying vaccinating or not vaccinating at all. Thank you!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 15,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahopeful View Post
There are many doctors in the OKC are who would be open to delaying/selectively vaccinating. What area of town are you moving to? There is a great pediatrician affiliated with Baptist who is known to be more "crunchy". I live in Edmond and my pediatrician is great and has never had a problem with me delaying/spacing out vaccinations. I do fully vaccinate with some small exceptions (no rotavirus, no varicella) and for the rest, I space them out/delay so there are no more than 2 shots per appointment. I'd be happy to give you her name if you'd like.

i sent you a PM about your children's doctor, but also the doctor at Baptist; not sure what you meant by "crunchy", but i'd like thier info also, since Baptist is in my network as well.

Thanks

Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 15,030 times
alright, it's been a few days, can anyone make any recommendations on doctors here in OKC that consider breaking up vaccinations?

thanks in advance to everyone so far; this topic is the reason I joined the forums here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City