Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Take it easy on them....not only do they have to support the Longhorns and Aggies, George W just raised their collective IQ into low double digits........
That's weird coming from an Oklahoman considering Oklahoma is regarded as more conservative than Texas in regards to votes...and I didn't vote for W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
We are better and you live in Our Shadows.
LOL! Funny! Look everyone! A Texan with a sense of humor! Question: What can you tell from a Texan that drools out of both sides of his mouth?

A: That the ground is level.

Seriously, to the OP, you will just have to slide on down to both states so you can enjoy what both states have to offer. And go online to TX Tourism and OK Tourism and have a free brochure sent to you. You have to make up your own mind and then let us know which one you picked.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
BTW, I went to Earl's Ribs in OKC Saturday...
How did you like Earl's?? We ate there last year in it was yummy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I did what I did knowing that most people on here are smart enough to take it for what it is...a joke. In all seriousness, Texas is the best, but I'm sure most Texans are happy to let some of their glory rub off on Oklahoma.
Not to mention that sarcasm runs DEEP in these parts...

Wanna know what drives me nuts??... I moved to OKLAHOMA and yet every morning on the news I get to hear that I live in Texoma!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/2.gif (broken link)

Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post

Wanna know what drives me nuts??... I moved to OKLAHOMA and yet every morning on the news I get to hear that I live in Texoma!!!!

Is that radio or TV? I get news on TV from OKC, but no radio reception at all. Not unless I have someone put up a really tall antenna, anyway. I really miss NPR, but then I haven't heard it anywhere since I left AK, anyway.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
There jas a;ays been a friendly rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma. OKC has horrendous tornadoes when they hit -- like Katrina size -- which isn't too often. Tulsa gets kissed too pretty good too from time to time. Its tornadoe alley. Oklahoma is a conservative Chrisitan town. I've been there many times. The food is aweome and the twon is one of the prettiest west of the Mississippi. I don't know that I ever paid too much attention to anyone of color as Oklahoma is the Native (American) State. There are apploximately 15 tribes represented in NE Oklahoma. Now if you have died bright orange hair, I might look twice, but I would not judge you. If you are more liberal in your views, you may like OKC better as itis a large collega area and theefore less conservative than Tulsa..Tulsa does however, have many fine upsale restaurants. What I do not like about either town is the assinine idea that if you drive on OK highways you must know where you are going, or you wouldn't be there. It is easeir to get lost in Tulsa than it is in Dallas as the major routes, mergers and turn-offs are not well marked. .

Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM

498 posts, read 1,606,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Ouch! You know, y'all not being very friendly to our Texan friend.

BTW, I went to Earl's Ribs in OKC Saturday, and they have tags from all over the country on their walls. Everyone of the Texas tags were turned upside down!! I, personally, would have liked to turn the NY tags upside down, but that's the Jersey girl in me!
colleeng47, for some reason, New Jersey residents have always had good things to say about Oklahoma. And for that, I will always hold a place in my heart for New Jersey.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
What I do not like about either town is the assinine idea that if you drive on OK highways you must know where you are going, or you wouldn't be there. It is easeir to get lost in Tulsa than it is in Dallas as the major routes, mergers and turn-offs are not well marked. .
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

This is what I keep telling Goodpasture. Take last night, for example. I was very tired and had to rely on the signs rather than visual to get from Catoosa to the Sand Springs Expressway.

The freaking signs are not only RIGHT AT THE EXIT YOU NEED TO TAKE rather then a bit before so you get a warning, but you think they could put some lights on them so perhaps you could read them BEFORE you are right at them.

And who, unless you are a native, knows that in order to get from Bartlesville to Catoosa you need to take the road to Joplin?? How much extra does it cost to add a few more lines to those signs?

And don't get me going about the way every street has the same name. And of course there are very few landmarks because every area in Tulsa/Broken Arrow (outside of downtown) looks the same with the same stripmalls, stores and subdivisions.

I feel better now

Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

This is what I keep telling Goodpasture. Take last night, for example. I was very tired and had to rely on the signs rather than visual to get from Catoosa to the Sand Springs Expressway.

The freaking signs are not only RIGHT AT THE EXIT YOU NEED TO TAKE rather then a bit before so you get a warning, but you think they could put some lights on them so perhaps you could read them BEFORE you are right at them.

And who, unless you are a native, knows that in order to get from Bartlesville to Catoosa you need to take the road to Joplin?? How much extra does it cost to add a few more lines to those signs?

And don't get me going about the way every street has the same name. And of course there are very few landmarks because every area in Tulsa/Broken Arrow (outside of downtown) looks the same with the same stripmalls, stores and subdivisions.

I feel better now
Schousse, I wish that you would stop holding back and tell us all how you really feel...

Old 02-28-2009, 09:40 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
She is just venting because I tease her about not knowing how to find her way home after she's driven it for the past 5 years.......and then she feels I am letting her down when I don't remember how to find a house I drove to once three years go. But if the occasional whine makes her feel better, I guess I am a big enough guy that I can tolerate it the 3 or 4 hours a day she indulges herself........(is my halo showing??????)

Old 02-28-2009, 11:35 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
I still have a vivid memory of my driver last year getting lost trying to find her way around Tulsa. No problem getting across the rest of the country, her stepfather is a long haul trucker and has one of those GPS thingies that tells all about road conditions, detours coming up ahead, etc, and he kept her updated all the way. But it let us down at Tulsa. It didn't help that she decided halfway here she couldn't back up, the Uhaul was okay, but not pulling the camper behind. It was interesting, to say the least. And it ended up with us spending an extra night on the road.

Oh, and GP, your halo is indeed showing, but doesn't it hurt where you have it nailed on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City