Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 13,015 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a apartment that gives second chances to people that has a broken lease on their credit report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM

47 posts, read 224,407 times
Find a co-signer.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 AM

185 posts, read 463,661 times
Downtown OKC has plenty of cheap places, in the bad neighborhoods, but they'll give you more chances than 2.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:49 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie horton View Post
I am trying to find a apartment that gives second chances to people that has a broken lease on their credit report.
I'm sorry that you are going through this. Plenty of GOOD people have dings on their credit and deserve a chance.

Maybe your best bet would be to try and rent an apartment or even a small home from a private individual?

If you could talk to someone face to face and if they were convinced you're a decent risk it might help.

There are a lot of good people out there who have given me chances in my past; I hope that you find one of them.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 9,820 times
I'm in Oklahoma City, OK and am trying to find an apartment, I was renting an apartment in 2008 and then deployed and the apartment complex somehow said that they evicted me and now this is on my credit report and I do not know what to do now! This sucks really bad, yeah for serving my country and now this is what I get in return! So in saying that does anyone knoww of apartments on the Southside of Oklahoma City that would rent to me?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:36 PM

33 posts, read 87,108 times
Try for smaller complexes, - I just rented a 1bdrm in a 2 story 8 unit bldg in the Paeo district. They charged me 25.00 for a bkgrd/credit check, seemed mostly concerned as to whether I had ever been evicted or owed money to past landlords(no). But I have wretched credit otherwise after 2 divorces. I didn't mention anything about my credit and they did not bring it up after running report. They seemed more concerned at that point if I had steady income and money in hand up front for rent & deposit. I have heard there is a growing trend for landlords to look more at proof of income, as so many people have bad credit nowadays after the housing crash and all.
Good luck, and bluff like mad! Then pay your rent promptly and you'll be alright.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,912 times
I am disable as a deaf/blind, having hard time catching up my bills which I can't afford with low income. I need a place to live in one bedroom. Can I get some help here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City