Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 06:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,992 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
my wife and I have found the house of our dreams in Edmond. We love the neighbourhood and actually found the house by driveby. It was vacant and had all the 'recently winterized' stickers all over the front windows. We did some research and found that the house has recently gone into foreclosure and that is about all the info we can get. We've spoke to two realtors who cant help us any further and the logan county office (treasurer,assesor, court clerk)have been of little help too. They just put us on a mailing list for future sheriff sales. My question is, how do we get ahold of someone right now to try and purchase the property right away. One thing that has really worried me was today when I talked to the next door neighbour to the house, they mentioned that there has been lots of recent activity there. I'm wondering if there is some list it may have been added to without my knowledge? I've tried calling wells fargo (the lender in the foreclosure) and even they said they can't help me in this matter. This is getting very frustrating and we're terrified we may miss out on the opportunity to buy our dream home. Any help wpould be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,833 times
Default Purchase the property before the sheriff sale..

I would be happy to help you. You need to contact the people who presently own the home and obtain a 3rd party authorization. This can be presented with an offer to Wells Fargo to start a short sale process. ( short sales actually take patience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmondbound View Post
Hi all,
my wife and I have found the house of our dreams in Edmond. We love the neighbourhood and actually found the house by driveby. It was vacant and had all the 'recently winterized' stickers all over the front windows. We did some research and found that the house has recently gone into foreclosure and that is about all the info we can get. We've spoke to two realtors who cant help us any further and the logan county office (treasurer,assesor, court clerk)have been of little help too. They just put us on a mailing list for future sheriff sales. My question is, how do we get ahold of someone right now to try and purchase the property right away. One thing that has really worried me was today when I talked to the next door neighbour to the house, they mentioned that there has been lots of recent activity there. I'm wondering if there is some list it may have been added to without my knowledge? I've tried calling wells fargo (the lender in the foreclosure) and even they said they can't help me in this matter. This is getting very frustrating and we're terrified we may miss out on the opportunity to buy our dream home. Any help wpould be appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-02-2010, 03:48 PM

664 posts, read 2,095,124 times
I am of no help, but was curious where you found this home and in what neighborhood?... no I am not going to try and take it. I live in Logan County/Edmond already.... more out of curiosity.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snasem View Post
I would be happy to help you. You need to contact the people who presently own the home and obtain a 3rd party authorization. This can be presented with an offer to Wells Fargo to start a short sale process. ( short sales actually take patience)
Thanks,
This is exactly what I found out today after talking with the clerk of the wells fargo lawyer in charge of the foreclosure. Now the fun begins of trying to track down the previous occupants. We have names but no telephone numbers. We tried one of people finding sites , found the correct name but the phone info was out of date. And of course no-one can give us the contact info as it is confidential. Grrrr.
To poster, if I may ask, are you experienced in this type of situation. Are you a realtor? There are actually 2 banks involved in the foreclosure (wells fargo just overwhelmed the smaller bank in the proceedings). Would a person just have to satisfy an offer with the leading bank or with both banks in a short sale?
Thanks for your response , and I would be interested in some help

Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
I am of no help, but was curious where you found this home and in what neighborhood?... no I am not going to try and take it. I live in Logan County/Edmond already.... more out of curiosity.
Sorry, but as silly as it may seem, I don't want to go posting too much info on the internet, nor give it out to too many people. I already had a hard enough time telling the realtors about it. You know how it is when you want something so bad you begin to think that everyone wants it just as bad . All I will say is that it is east of you , if you are in the deer creek area.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,277 times
There are some ways of finding information on the home owners via the Oklahoma County assessor. You put in the physical address, and a lot of times the previous owners will have an address of where they are currenty living. It is worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City