Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 AM

16 posts, read 35,878 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone,

Me and my family have decided to relocate from new mexico to edmond ok, so that i can attend law school in OKC. I have gotten some really good information from you all about Oklahoma and were to move and I am greatful for all the help. The most important thing before we take the plunge and relocate in July, is the employment for my husband. He is an industrial electrician, he has had his liscese for 6 years and is very good at what he does, he has survived many layoffs here. Can anyone tell me what the job outlook is for him is in Oklahoma? If he can not find employment right away then we will not be able to move, he has called and was told his liscenses is good in Oklahoma as well as New Mexico. He also has plenty of expierence in solor electricity to. His liscense is expiring in September and we need to find out if he is ok to renew it here before september or if he should renew it in oklahoma. Please help! I am really looking forward to relocating to OK, I am hoping that the low unemployment rate in OK will allow him to find work quickly. Thank you all in advance for the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 05:45 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
In this economy I would not move any where if he doesn't have a job.

This is what I found: Oklahoma offers license reciprocity with Alaska, Arkansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. The license holder must provide a valid current license of 1 year, and the license must also be in good standing.

He might be required to take one of the electrician's tests. If he fails the first time he can re-take in 30 days. If he fails the second tim, he has to wait 3 months to re-take the test.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Did you talk to someone who KNOWS for certain about his license being valid in Oklahoma as well as NM? It's so easy to be given wrong info and learn too late there was a mistake. Perhaps a letter would be better, then it would at least be more official if the letter came from the proper person. And, I don't think anyone can promise employment.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
The OK state website offers license reciprocity with 11 states. New Mexico is included. But I still wouldn't move without a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: