Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 03:20 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

Wow, that is a seriously nice little place.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
I especially like the price!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM

215 posts, read 525,167 times
Default Househunting on line

Yep, I see a few here and there and so far that is a corker, but not being there to kick the tires (and flush to toilet to see where it comes up in the yard) it is difficult to really tell. That's why I think renting temporarily, maybe in a small town without the chicken for a bit and sniffin' in person for a while may have to be the way. Jumped once and now I'm payin' for that blunder. I know there is a lot out there when you are there to "be in the know". I'm lookin' forward to it too. I just hope I can at least still ride a bike or scooter, because with gas the way it's goin' I sure won't be drivin' much.....

Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM

27 posts, read 88,963 times
Hey Everyone...

Found a Copperhead in my toilet in a leased property in the Lawton area...and a second one that is unidentifiable got in and I can't find it! Landlord won't do anything about it.

Any help and tenants rights here in this great state would be of help.

Love the occasional garden snake, even can live with mice and rats running around in the yard... But getting bit by a COPPERHEAD 20 miles away from the nearest hospital and 20 minutes for county to arrive...ain't my idea of fun...or survival, either. I'd be a goner for sure..since I was by myself out there. I've moved to the edge of town...and love it there...no poisonous snakes.

HELP!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrayce14 View Post
Hey Everyone...

Found a Copperhead in my toilet in a leased property in the Lawton area...and a second one that is unidentifiable got in and I can't find it! Landlord won't do anything about it.

Love the occasional garden snake, even can live with mice and rats running around in the yard... But getting bit by a COPPERHEAD 20 miles away from the nearest hospital and 20 minutes for county to arrive...ain't my idea of fun...or survival, either. I'd be a goner for sure..since I was by myself out there. I've moved to the edge of town...and love it there...no poisonous snakes.

HELP!!!!
1. Um...20 minutes outside of town in the countryside? And you are surprised at finding a snake?

2. Are you sure it was a Copperhead IMAGE and not a Gopher/Bull Snake IMAGE ??

3. Don't kid yourself that there will be NO snakes living in town. We live in Duncan and I hear calls almost every day (on the scanner) from folks with a snake in their yard or house.

4. I don't understand what you expect the landlord to do... you mention tenant's rights. Are you trying to break your lease because you found a snake?

Quote:
even can live with mice and rats running around in the yard
5. As long as you are willing to have rodents running around you will have snakes showing up for the free buffet.

No food = No snakes

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 07-08-2008 at 12:30 PM..

Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrayce14 View Post
Hey Everyone...

HELP!!!!
thats seriously scary....another oklahoma snake story. Good luck. I have seen more snakes so far this summer then I care too. I guess the ones I have seen are not poisonus. If they have brown pupils I guess they are I am told, but who wants to get close enough to them to see.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Hi All!!! Just wanted to share this with you since I am a picture addict.

There are a few new pics on the So. Dak. picture thread and BlackHillsDreams also has posted two threads that contain pics from his recent trip. You're all invited to come on over and see a bit of my state.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Default Message for Karibear

I have a msg for Karibear,

"Rowf rowf, woof woof, slobber, slobber, bark, bark!"

That means Pen Pals is an organization that picks up dogs from local Animal Shelters and the inmates at the Holdenville prison (CCA) Davis Correctional Facility train the dogs and they are made available to the public.

Its a good deal. Check it out.

http://adoptatraineddog.com/about_us.html

arf, arf! That means over and out.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default It's The Middle Of The Week

Hi, Okie-land. How's everyone's Hump Day going?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Hi, Okie-land. How's everyone's Hump Day going?
Great except it rained like crazy today. A good reason not to have to water the garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma