Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:38 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
starlite2008, Shame you had to rudely quote someone else's words and twist them around...couldn't come up with a post of you own?

This is MY post:

Dang, now I'm hungry again!
Why, oh WHY do you do this when I'm eating something really boring? After looking at that, my peanut butter and crackers just don't cut it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Why, oh WHY do you do this when I'm eating something really boring? After looking at that, my peanut butter and crackers just don't cut it.
Sorry K! I still stand by my promise to buy you a burger at Cedar Street if you ever make it to Duncan! (My dinner plans don't sound near as good now either. )

Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Default JW Grill

Starlite2008--Very Mature.I stand by my ORIGINAL post of 5-28-08.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:59 AM

3 posts, read 12,692 times
[quote=starlite2008;4299114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
The worst fried onion burger in Oklahoma is J.W. Grill in Chickasha, Oklahoma. My husband and I ate there yesterday, and the food was NASTY. The rotten brown burgers are made right there in front of you, and they're rotten meat and NASTY. We tried to share a gigantic order of fries they were (cold, old greesy just the way I don't like them), and the fries were made of rotten cut potatoes--not those good frozen things you get in the freezer department of the stores. The place is small, just a few seats at the counter, and we had to wait (and it was already going on 2 p.m.), And the food and the service was not worth the wait flies all over the place raw baccon sitting on top of the tomatos & lettus WD-40 oil sitting on top of the hamburger buns black mold in the soda fountains . I highly recommend that you should go to Paw Paw's , little jewel of a burger palace. Also, I have eaten at Paw paw's in Chickasha,they are the best hamburger place in Chickasha
So..how long have you worked at Paw-Paw's? Paw-Paw's is very good, but J&W didn't aquire such great business or develop such a great reputation by serving nasty food. Gimme a freakin' break. Both places are good...just different.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
It sounds more like a matter of taste an type of life style.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Default Imitation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery??

[quote=finboss;4310487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite2008 View Post

So..how long have you worked at Paw-Paw's? Paw-Paw's is very good, but J&W didn't aquire such great business or develop such a great reputation by serving nasty food. Gimme a freakin' break. Both places are good...just different.
Too Bad Starlite2008 can't come up with his/her own post!!! I thought the same thing.....must be a disgruntled employee of PawPaw's that can't post for themselves and has to copy my original post.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
Default Yeah, Not from us

My parents are the owners of PawPaw's Hamburgers and you will never hear anyone in my family say such horrible things about another business, nor would we condone anyone that does. J&W and PawPaws, while both serving hamburgers, have completely different styles so it is simply a matter of taste. Both restaraunts have served the community of Chickasha for over 40 years. We have a lot of mutual customers that enjoy visiting both places. It saddens me to see someone say such things about our peers.
[quote=finboss;4310487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite2008 View Post

Old 03-15-2009, 01:13 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnaHurt View Post
My parents are the owners of PawPaw's Hamburgers and you will never hear anyone in my family say such horrible things about another business, nor would we condone anyone that does. J&W and PawPaws, while both serving hamburgers, have completely different styles so it is simply a matter of taste. Both restaraunts have served the community of Chickasha for over 40 years. We have a lot of mutual customers that enjoy visiting both places. It saddens me to see someone say such things about our peers.
Thanks for posting Johnna!! That other poster (troll) didn't sway our opinion one bit. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about PawPaw's and we STILL intend to eat there the next time we are on a *hunt* for the perfect burger. Sooner or later I will get there and post pics to prove how yummy it is!

Old 03-15-2009, 01:28 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
The J&W burger with fries looked delicious!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:21 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnaHurt View Post
Just ignore the troll. Some people are only happy if they think they are stirring up trouble, especially if it isn't warranted. I'd go for a nice big juicy burger smothered with all the trimmings and a side of fries any place anyone would take me. And the closest thing I've ever had to a lousy hamburger was in North Dakota, I asked for a deluxe burger and got one made with chopped sirloin instead of ground beef. When I asked where the lettuce, tomato, onions, etc were, I got a funny look and the waitress said they'd never heard of anything like that. So I was stuck with a bare patty on a bare bun - not really bad, but definitely boring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma