Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM

43 posts, read 108,398 times

Advertisements

Oh redbird4848
you are way to funny i just about peeed my pants when i read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
The thing that makes this photos so funny is that the guy doing the jumping is wearing a halo, which means he must have a broken neck or something!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/redneck-games.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-03-2008, 08:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
And what's REALLY funny is there are so many REAL okies that are just going to freak you out.

Those of us who live here awhile know what I am talking about. We got some straight up hillbillys here.

And I don't mean that in a derogatory way by any means. There are some people who are just down home folks! Poor as all get out and not changed much since the Grapes of Wrath was made. These pics I post are just for fun, but there ARE some real okies here that crack me up.

I can just see someone from NJ or back east, all polished up going..."hmm, are those neighbors from Oklahoma for real?..."

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/thumbnailCAJWDGU7.jpg (broken link)

Maybe we can break Colleeng in by telling her some of the things we okies have done for fun as kids...
Like me and my cousins HAVE swam in some muddy okie waters!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/redgames.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
And what's REALLY funny is there are so many REAL okies that are just going to freak you out.
Maybe so, but an awful lot of them went to Alaska, and I do believe I ran into every single one.

And a few of them could have given lessons to the Hatfields and McCoys.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Oh, DH and I are not babes in the woods. Years ago, we lived in a trailer park in Austell, Georgia, where our neighbors looked a little bit like the pictures you posted. One night, while we slept through it, the neighbor across the way had her trailer set on fire by her estranged husband because she refused to come out so he could shoot her. She still waited for the fire department to come before getting out.

Another time while we were living in California, we invited a couple we worked with for dinner. They arrived a half hour late, carrying a six pack of beer, missing the two they drank on the way over. As soon as they ate the last bit of dinner they stood up and said, "well, thanks, see ya", and left.

When we lived in Nevada, we had a friend we gave a TV to that we no longer had use for. He sold it to the woman he was living with who supported him.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Oh, DH and I are not babes in the woods. Years ago, we lived in a trailer park in Austell, Georgia, where our neighbors looked a little bit like the pictures you posted. One night, while we slept through it, the neighbor across the way had her trailer set on fire by her estranged husband because she refused to come out so he could shoot her. She still waited for the fire department to come before getting out.

Another time while we were living in California, we invited a couple we worked with for dinner. They arrived a half hour late, carrying a six pack of beer, missing the two they drank on the way over. As soon as they ate the last bit of dinner they stood up and said, "well, thanks, see ya", and left.

When we lived in Nevada, we had a friend we gave a TV to that we no longer had use for. He sold it to the woman he was living with who supported him.
Sounds like too me you need to send this stuff to Jeff Foxworthy, he may be looking for some new material, LMAO.

Now I have some real redneck kinfolks. I once visited one a few years back, when we step out onto he's new wood deck the first thing that caught my attention was the 12ft satellite dish that was turned upside down on a metal post in the middle of the patio table. It was being used as an umbrella. Oh, and they had put X-mas lights on the underside to give it "ambience" . And they still had the same tire horse swing, you know, the ones that were cut and turned inside out and made to look like a horse, hanging in the same tree from when I was a kid. Plus, the old painted tractor tires at the end of the drive-way stuck in the ground up-right.
Where's Martha Stewart when ya need her?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,322,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Sounds like too me you need to send this stuff to Jeff Foxworthy, he may be looking for some new material, LMAO.

Now I have some real redneck kinfolks. I once visited one a few years back, when we step out onto he's new wood deck the first thing that caught my attention was the 12ft satellite dish that was turned upside down on a metal post in the middle of the patio table. It was being used as an umbrella. Oh, and they had put X-mas lights on the underside to give it "ambience" . And they still had the same tire horse swing, you know, the ones that were cut and turned inside out and made to look like a horse, hanging in the same tree from when I was a kid. Plus, the old painted tractor tires at the end of the drive-way stuck in the ground up-right.
Where's Martha Stewart when ya need her?
When my daughter first moved to Alabama, I started saving Foxworthy stuff to send along to her. I have hundreds of 'you might be a redneck if' things stashed on a disk somewhere, from Santa redneck to alien redneck to who knows what. But she wouldn't let me send them!

As for Martha Stewart, she's still busy trying to figure out how all those Wall Street sharks gobbled up her little goldfish self.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
There are people who live in town here, that I refer to as "The Dumpers". Because they bring crap in the back of the mini pickup to dump along side of the road.

The idiot even brings his 12 yr old son along. Once he had his wife and his son and when they were driving ~!from~ the dump, they had exchanged their crap and picked up a large dryer or something and the KID was driving!!

I laughed because they had made an evening out of it. Goin shoppin at the dump, honey! Wanna come along?

(THE KID) Kin ah drive?! Huh!? Kin ah drive, pops?! Kin I????

(DAD) SIGH, I guess you kin drive on the way home!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
You guys are too funny Okay, who's Jeff Foxworthy?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
There are people who live in town here, that I refer to as "The Dumpers". Because they bring crap in the back of the mini pickup to dump along side of the road.

The idiot even brings his 12 yr old son along. Once he had his wife and his son and when they were driving ~!from~ the dump, they had exchanged their crap and picked up a large dryer or something and the KID was driving!!

I laughed because they had made an evening out of it. Goin shoppin at the dump, honey! Wanna come along?

(THE KID) Kin ah drive?! Huh!? Kin ah drive, pops?! Kin I????

(DAD) SIGH, I guess you kin drive on the way home!
I hate all the litter people dump on the side of the road and in creeks. I'd better not catch any of them or I might find myself in jail!

Colleen....you have never heard of Jeff Foxworthy? He is the one that started the "You might be a redneck" jokes. Like, if you mow your lawn and find a car, you might be a redneck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma