Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 06:27 PM

9 posts, read 14,624 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone...need to ask a favor for a friend that's considering relocation, and since she isn't a member here and I am, I'm asking for her.

There are two hospitals in town...Integris and St. Marys...can anyone tell me opinions/facts/thoughts on both of these facilities? I need the good, the bad, the ugly---just the truth. What do the townsfolk think of these hospitals and the care there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 01:48 PM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Integris is not limited to Enid. We moved to Integris after some not overly positive experiences with an other larger provider and are fairly happy. Our primary is directly affiliated, specialty services are available in a timely manner. lease have your friend check co-pays as some insurances changed rules when it comes to specialty providers.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Integris is a non profit based out of OKC that was originated by the Baptists. They have a number of hospitals around Oklahoma.

St Mary's is owned by Mercy hospitals out of St. Louis. They too have a lot of hospitals in the state. Both of the system have anchor hospitals in OKC.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:48 PM

57 posts, read 57,787 times
My experience is second-hand from family and friends and is just a few years out of date, but my impression has been that in recent decades they seem about the same in reputation and have reasonably good quality. The two hospitals have always competed hard for patients. When one of them gets some new capability, the other tries to catch up as soon as it can. Because Enid is the most sophisticated treatment center for a large rural population extending over a hundred miles west and northwest, with a disproportionately elderly and ailing patient pool, I think that Enid offers better and more advanced care options than you might expect for such a small city. The down side is that it can be hard to find a doctor accepting new patients because they have so many patients. My parents had to change doctors a few times because of the doctor's move/retirement, and each time found only one available GP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma