Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:01 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times

Advertisements

People can always go to a public library and get on CD and keep us informed. I am worried about Karibear too now, but she has a friend who will be driving her here. I just hope necabin didn't run off the road somewhere and no one knows where she is!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 08:48 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Sounds like we need an okie welcome wagon. Or an okie version of Ellis Island.

All CDF immigratrants PLEASE check in here. Those without homes will be housed together in CDF okie trailer park Peg's Corner, spaces 1-9.

It must be very stressful to go someplace and not have family or friends there. I know I have done it. But I was a young, virile stud. So there wasn't any problem for me*.

*yeah right

Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Or hand out Tracking devices in case they get lost in the wilderness! necabin IS going through Bigfoot territory after all...

(I'm sure she is fine, and I know when she is supposed to be home. If she doesn't show up here soon after, I WILL start making phone calls. )

Quote:
But I was a young, virile stud. So there wasn't any problem for me*.
WAS?? I thought you still were!

Kari, have a safe (and hopefully fun) trip out here!! Wish you could have found a place closer to us (I still think you and I are 2 peas from the same pod! ) but I think you made the right decision to pass on that house down here.

K is a tough cookie... she will be just fine! If anything happens she can just set her trusty Bird loose and he will run them off!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 AM

We also need a "LIVE AND LEARN" thread. A place where posters who have moved recently can post some of the DO's and DON'T's which may be helpful to other's who are migrating.

Why don't you start, Redbird? OTAY!

DO try to remain focused on the positive's of your move. And don't get bogged down with ALL the things that are going wrong. Be thankful you can move. A lot of people are stuck!

DON'T be in a rush to settle down. I have lived in horrible apartments because I wanted the first thing available so I could just collapse from the ordeal.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:06 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
I have been trying to think of the worst place I ever had to live. I have had nights where I was just glad to be sort of warm and fairly dry. But, I lived. Life has its ups and downs and moving is usually in the down category.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM

Please read before you jump. Some good info therein.

General Moving Issues Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:

All CDF immigratrants PLEASE check in here. Those without homes will be housed together in CDF okie trailer park Peg's Corner, spaces 1-9.

It must be very stressful to go someplace and not have family or friends there. I know I have done it. But I was a young, virile stud. So there wasn't any problem for me*.

*yeah right
Redbird, you need to go on stage with a comedy routine. You're hilarious!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
People can always go to a public library and get on CD and keep us informed. I am worried about Karibear too now, but she has a friend who will be driving her here. I just hope necabin didn't run off the road somewhere and no one knows where she is!!!!
They can go to a public library IF they remember their log in and password! My computer is set to remember all that, and I don't think I ever made a note of it. As for my trip, it will be fine once we actually get on the road - the worst one I ever had, I think, was 8 years ago when I drove an ancient RV down the Alcan. My sister came along for company and whined constantly about all the terrible things that were going to happen to us. Nothing did, until we got to Montana and the cam shaft on the engine seized up. She'd asked me just before that if I really enjoyed that kind of thing, and once the engine stopped smoking and I'd pulled off the highway, I said "Yeah, I thought it was fun until about 3 minutes ago." She was not amused - just started praying harder.

I'm taking notes on this trip.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
They can go to a public library IF they remember their log in and password! My computer is set to remember all that, and I don't think I ever made a note of it. As for my trip, it will be fine once we actually get on the road - the worst one I ever had, I think, was 8 years ago when I drove an ancient RV down the Alcan. My sister came along for company and whined constantly about all the terrible things that were going to happen to us. Nothing did, until we got to Montana and the cam shaft on the engine seized up. She'd asked me just before that if I really enjoyed that kind of thing, and once the engine stopped smoking and I'd pulled off the highway, I said "Yeah, I thought it was fun until about 3 minutes ago." She was not amused - just started praying harder.

I'm taking notes on this trip.
Kari, you can always DM me and I'll give you my cell phone and house phone numbers to call if you run into trouble. (I can always call out the cavalry)

Old 03-31-2008, 04:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
I've sent out an email checking on necabin... she isn't due back home till Wednesday, but the rough weather really has me wondering now...

Let you know if I hear anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma