Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
It stops blowing just when it is the hottest. Not that it never blows in the summer, just not like the wind we have in the winter and spring.

I know people that are not bothered at all by the heat, but it does bother me. The heat can also be dangerous. Our last hot summer we had people dying because they were working outside, who were not that old (40s), and relatively healthy.

People from hot climates probably don't mind the summers as much as the winters. I don't mind our winters that much, because you can always just dress more warmly.
That's my thought, too, Peggy. You can always put on more clothes in the cold weather, but in the hot weather there's only so much you can take off before it's "good morning, Judge."

Sometimes in the summer I want to take off my skin and just walk around in my bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM

432 posts, read 669,354 times
BOOM-BOOM

BOOM-BOOM

BOOM-BOOM

(sound of sheet metal buzzing & rattling)

Yup, I've heard it myself.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:58 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I enjoy listening to good "Pink Floyd" or "OZZY' from time to time.
You too have good taste for your age.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,325 times
Backin the 70s and 80s, when we would go vist my wifes parents in Watonga,in the summer, I would sit on the AC vent until it was time to go to lake Canton.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
Backin the 70s and 80s, when we would go vist my wifes parents in Watonga,in the summer, I would sit on the AC vent until it was time to go to lake Canton.
If your a AC Tech why didn't you bring your own instaed of sitting on theirs, LOL.

Welcome to the thread.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,325 times
How did you know I was AC Tech?

Old 04-30-2008, 01:44 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
He has a crystal ball he breaks out every once in a while. He knows a few other things too...<evil grin>.

Actually, you posted it on your profile.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:13 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
I grew up with dry heat in CA. It would get to be 105 and a little up. The first days we would go downtown (pop 200) and sit in an air conditioned bar. after that we were used to it and only used fans. I loved swamp coolers and should have gotten one. Here we don't turn on the air conditioners until late afternoon just to cook it off. We use fans. I hate air conditioning. I hope to someday have our porch enclosed with screen so we can sleep out there at night. It isn't as bad here as it was on the coast of Florida or even Mississippi, or so it seems.

I love this warmer weather. I remember looking forward to summer in CA. It was my favorite time of the year. We moved out onto the porch and stayed there until it was too cold to sleep outside. I love the winters here too.

Working in the yard is hard in the heat, but someone told me a neat trick. Put a wet terry cloth dish towel around your neck.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:32 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Cool Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
How did you know I was AC Tech?
No, I just clicked on your screen name and the click on you public profile. I like to see who I'm talking to, it makes it more fun.

You can also click on "My Settings" and see has given you rep points and what nice little things they have to say about you. So go check it our and have some fun with it. The folks on this thread are alot of fun to chat with and most of them are quick with the rep points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma