Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Oookay , well anyways Redbird, have you ever thought about going on a "Storm Chaser Tour"? Or, are you one of those folks that look at city people from back east and think to your self "city people" shaking your head and walking away.

We get a few of them here where I live, we're like a mini tornado ally. My brother had his three story barn pulled up and put on the RR tracks next to his house. Needless to say he told the RR company that possession was 99% of the law so they could have it. That left him with very little to clean up, not to mention the cleaning up he did with insurance claim. the only thing that was left was the dog house that was turned upside down on the rubble of the barn foundation and the dog standing on it, tail wagging and barking.
My storm chaser activities only go so far as sitting out back and watching the lightning, and listening to the rolling thunder. I love thunderstorms. The hail damage is pretty cool too.

My grandparents also had their barn picked up and dropped a 1/4 mile away. I don't think I want to tempt mother nature. How much do those city folks pay to go on a storm chasing tour?

The storm chasers we saw in KS last May were slamming the brewskis pretty hard that night. There was one guy puking in the parking lot the next morning. I bet they don't air that on the Weather Channel.

Gotta hand it to those dudes, their tornado-mobile rocks.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_9382.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
Sounds like you're set to go!

By the way ... when you start leading storm-chasing tours, can I get a discount?

Not me , Ive never done it, but it doen't mean I'm not willing to try.

(redbird4848), My storm chaser activities only go so far as sitting out back and watching the lightning, and listening to the rolling thunder. I love thunderstorms. The hail damage is pretty cool too.

Me too, I love to watch Mother Nature at work and the air smells so good after a storm goes through.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,978,684 times
Don't you just love the flash of transformers when the tornado hits one? Like miniature lightning flashes........then the sudden darkness of the neighborhood, nothing but lightning and transformer flashes illuminating the sky.........

Old 05-04-2008, 02:14 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Don't you just love the flash of transformers when the tornado hits one? Like miniature lightning flashes........then the sudden darkness of the neighborhood, nothing but lightning and transformer flashes illuminating the sky.........
Well I can thruthfully say that I've not been THAT close to one, but it does sound fun. Atleast more fun that a squirrel arking over two hot lines, KAPOW! Now that funny, I don't care who you are. Get-R-Done!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma