Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:25 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a new local traditon. Cross Canadian Ragweed is here for the second year on Memorial Day weekend. It isn't enough we are invaded by Refugees from Tulsa and OKC on Memorial Day, now it is omg every hippy, pot head, and drunk that can have wheels and $$$ enough to get here. Last year 5000 people attended that concert. GEEZ???? We have less than 3000 for a TOTAL town population. The town had to call in every Police Officer, Creek Nation Tribal Police, and all the Reserve Officers it could rake, scrape, borrow, or beg. This year it has promised to be bigger. I have to drive through town today to get to my Mother in Law's and we are going out (by her request) to a place called Crawdaddy's. Probably never be able to get a dang seat.
On July 5th they are having Lenard Skinnard, another mess.
OKOKOK I will quit complaining. All that beer they are drinking ensures plenty of money in our local economy. By the middle of Sunday afternoon last year every convience store in town was outta beer, they had to take a truck to Muskogee for more.... what a deal!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 03:51 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,033 times
I guess I'll stay home on the ranch today instead of visiting the lake. I live South of you near McAlester. There is actually a nice place to eat in Eufala? I go to the little tea place in the antique shop to eat once in a while, that is nice. I've been in the area when the "hells angels" make their call, boy is it a mess.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 PM

Talking Place to eat..

We LOVE to go eat at Crawdaddy's out on Burke's road. It is a seafood buffet. Really good food. Tonight they had seafood etufee, chicken etufee, fried catfish, ribs, and I guess baked chicken. Sides were rice, potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, and some others....... And a salad bar that is pretty good too.

Not bad for Eufaula. Tomorrow hubby is making brisket at Grandma's on the smoker. That is going to be THE best place in town.

Monday she is making cabbage rolls.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
You know where I will be. hahahahaha

Old 05-25-2008, 08:05 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Is the buffet every day or just on weekends?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:41 AM

Default Crawdaddy's on Burke's Road

I called to find out exactly and Gary (the owner) said they are closed on Mondays.

Lunch is from 10:30-4 is $6.99.

Dinner is from 5-8 is $8.99.

Friday night is seafood buffet, crablegs, crab cakes, peel-and-eat shimp and fried shrimp, cajun shrimp, fried catfish, crawfish for $17.99 all you can eat.

No, I don't work there or own interest, but I do know Gary..used to work with him at Lowe's long ago. He is a really nice guy. Hubby got sick last night while we were eating (mowed the yard all yesterday) and had a heat reaction. After we left for the hospital, Gary took care of my MIL and FIL great, they both handicapped. He even took the price of our food off the bill eventhough I had eaten. I took him to Eufaula ER () and they gave him IV fluids, he is fine. We just eat there alot.

Last edited by okpondlady; 05-25-2008 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Just FYI

Old 05-25-2008, 12:05 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
I called to find out exactly and Gary (the owner) said they are closed on Mondays.

Lunch is from 10:30-4 is $6.99.

Dinner is from 5-8 is $8.99.

Friday night is seafood buffet, crablegs, crab cakes, peel-and-eat shimp and fried shrimp, cajun shrimp, fried catfish, crawfish for $17.99 all you can eat.

No, I don't work there or own interest, but I do know Gary..used to work with him at Lowe's long ago. He is a really nice guy. Hubby got sick last night while we were eating (mowed the yard all yesterday) and had a heat reaction. After we left for the hospital, Gary took care of my MIL and FIL great, they both handicapped. He even took the price of our food off the bill eventhough I had eaten. I took him to Eufaula ER () and they gave him IV fluids, he is fine. We just eat there alot.
He sounds like a nice guy. If I'm ever down that way, I'll stop in and give him our business.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:04 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Sorry to hear about your husband's heat reaction, and glad to hear he is okay now. Guess he should give up mowing!

That sounds like a great place for a special night out.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 PM

For an update, Memorial Day's concert officially sold 9,000 tickets. Yes, almost double what last years was. OH MY GOD. I knew there were TONS of people but I really didn't think there were that many. That don't count the idiots that were just hanging out partying that didn't buy a ticket to the concert. For a sleepy little town of 2,600 that is just a crazy amount. I am glad it is over, for now. The Lenard Skynard concert on July 4th promises to be just as crazy.

Thank GOD for winter.

Karen

Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,693 times
Forget the parties and the seafood place (we have all that out here) I want to hear more about that brisket on the smoker and them cabbage rolls. People out here in South Carolina can't barbie anything worth a flip. I miss Okieland!!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:50 AM

Default Brisket and Cabbage Rolls...

Both my inlaws parents were from Dublin. MIL cooks VERY Irish and Eastern (they moved here from Ohio, to Ohio when they first married from NY). But saying that, my hubby grew up here grilling and smoking. OMG He can cook a brisket and ribs and steaks that will make you forget any possible problems you could have. My poor children are so spoiled to it...we go to Golden Corral, Western Sizzlion or other resturant and they just say, the steaks or ribs don't compare to Mark's. I keep telling him he needs to open a resturant.

The cabbage rolls now, Grandma makes her own filling, hand rolls the cabbage rolls, stacks them in a broiler and tops with saurkraut, tomato sauce she makes herself, and I don't know what all else. They just are so good, I will miss about anything else for them. I even passed up a second day at the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival for Cabbage Rolls. When I pass up Ren Faire, you know they are good.
This is my kinda party.

http://www.okcastle.com/oklahoma-renaissance-festival.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma