Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Especially that young woman who was in class with me last year. We talked about the wonderful Italian food in Krebs and how I try to go to Krebs and stock up on Italian sausage but since I was going through chemo at the time and needed my energy for other things I hadn't been and I was clean out of Italian sausage.

Next day of class she brought me a pound that she had in her freezer. What a sweetheart. And she is a Republican ..... go figure!!!!

Hey Schousse, we conservatives enjoy a good friend, it does not matter whether they are liberal or conservative.

I've had conservative friends that would stab me in the back and liberal friends that would give me the clothes off their back.

I don't think good values are a purely a product of politics, just personal preference.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:47 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
I find this a very sad thread. The OP is so unhappy. I can hear all the anger and frustration in the post. I really, really hope you find the necessary money/time/effort to make a move elsewhere. But, please, if you do, and find out you would like to come back after all, we'll be happy to welcome you back!

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Interesting posts all! I also cam from WI, late March of this year. i made the move for several reasons I was VERY sick & tired of the LOOOOOONG gloomy winters, weak job market, employer's lame attitudes, high COL, and suburban Milwaukee's very snobbish, self-absorbed attidutes. I had been laid off for 5+ months as was getting nowhere in WI, but the same resume, same interview style, clothes etc made me a "suitable candidate" here in Tulsa. I had been here before and enjoyed myself, so i made the move. Looking back, maybe I had rose colored glasses on, but after 4 months in, I realize that OK, Tulsa area in particular, has a few things that maybe were better in WI, but overall, I find it better than most people realize,but I can certainly understand that it's not for everyone. I can't speak to what it's like in rural OK, but Tulsa is OK, even this heat, while uncomfortable at times, beats 5-7 months of cold, wind or both. I DO wish OK had the same backroad system as WI, it would alleviate some of the traffic congestion, and make it easier on us bicyclists

Old 08-03-2008, 04:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I find this a very sad thread. The OP is so unhappy. I can hear all the anger and frustration in the post. I really, really hope you find the necessary money/time/effort to make a move elsewhere. But, please, if you do, and find out you would like to come back after all, we'll be happy to welcome you back!
Whatever!

I seriously doubt the OP is going to come back! Let me repeat it for the OP.

He/she HATES IT HERE@@@@!!!!! She HATES the roads, the wannabe cowboys, the sport fanatics, the crooked politicians, the christians, the divorced, the young unwed mothers having abortions, the history, the weather, and most of all the UNFRIENDLY phoney baloney hard crusty heels of the uncultured fat people wearing flip flops at WAL MART!

OKAY??!! So, ditch the welcome back wagon and help the poor tortured soul pack!

P.S. Found a cool hater tshirt during my tax free shopping. You can have it for free if you are out of the state by the time this thread dies.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/hatertshirt.jpg (broken link)

Here's some snackies for the trip.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/hater_tots.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-03-2008, 04:51 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
I agree with a lot of what the poster says, but perception comes from where you live and the people you know. I lived in Grove, OK for a nnumber of years. On the whole I would not say the same things about the people that live there. It's a quirky fund place to live. Life is what you make of it.

If you are that unhappy I urge you to find a good therapist..

Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Who"s Gene Stipe?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
There are some Gas/Convenient stores named "Stripes"........any affiliation?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:04 PM

49 posts, read 173,445 times
I have to agree with this part of the post...

Trust nobody!

"The so-called "friendliness" that other posters describe on this site
about Okies, is largely superficial and not genuine( I speak from exp-
erience). They will smile and act friendly, face to face but when
they think that you are not listening, they will speak ill, even
hatefully of you!"

Now Oklahoma has rough weather but if you like to ride motorcycles there is no better place to be IMO, You can go from mountains to flatlands and still be back to the house in time for dinner.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:11 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Whatever!

I seriously doubt the OP is going to come back! Let me repeat it for the OP.

He/she HATES IT HERE@@@@!!!!! She HATES the roads, the wannabe cowboys, the sport fanatics, the crooked politicians, the christians, the divorced, the young unwed mothers having abortions, the history, the weather, and most of all the UNFRIENDLY phoney baloney hard crusty heels of the uncultured fat people wearing flip flops at WAL MART!

OKAY??!! So, ditch the welcome back wagon and help the poor tortured soul pack!

P.S. Found a cool hater tshirt during my tax free shopping. You can have it for free if you are out of the state by the time this thread dies.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/hatertshirt.jpg (broken link)

Here's some snackies for the trip.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/hater_tots.jpg (broken link)
Roads are lousy everywhere.

The only cowboys I've seen have been on the backs of horses, moving cattle.

Sports fans are everywhere - that's why major league players get such high dollar contracts.

Politicians are crooked, pretty much by defnition - it's just a matter of whether they've been caught yet or not.

Religion - I wouldn't touch that one with a 10' pole!

For all those young women having abortions, there's a young [or maybe not so young] man involved, too.

Flip-flops are comfortable, and I know some cultured fat people. Ever hear of that 'don't judge a book by it's cover' thing?

umm... does this mean that the last four words of The Star Spangled Banner aren't 'Gentlemen, start your engines!' after all?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Roads are lousy everywhere.

The only cowboys I've seen have been on the backs of horses, moving cattle.

Sports fans are everywhere - that's why major league players get such high dollar contracts.

Politicians are crooked, pretty much by defnition - it's just a matter of whether they've been caught yet or not.

Religion - I wouldn't touch that one with a 10' pole!

For all those young women having abortions, there's a young [or maybe not so young] man involved, too.

Flip-flops are comfortable, and I know some cultured fat people. Ever hear of that 'don't judge a book by it's cover' thing?

Quote:
umm... does this mean that the last four words of The Star Spangled Banner aren't 'Gentlemen, start your engines!' after all?
Good one Kari....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma