Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
............ Is there really so little to do there people have to resort to playing with snakes? ..
Just in church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 11:03 AM

297 posts, read 586,362 times
There's nothing to do in church? Hmm...

Old 04-15-2009, 03:15 PM

253 posts, read 805,447 times
Default just watch out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by igloo View Post
Thanks for the information from all you folks. We are looking at a couple of hundred acres about 5 miles south of Seminole - 40% pasture and 60% timber. Also, the property backs up to a 55 acre lake. Any comments on this area would be appreciated. Cottonmouths may be a problem if we go swimming in the lake, but I don't know for sure.
growen up in woods outside of tulsa, we had biggest problem with cotten mouths, we even lost a bull one year from getten nailed by cotten mouth when at the pond.
we would swim in the ponds, would see them swimmen around, we'd get out, or fishen, would see them most then. had neighbors that would say they would get in the house, one had one in her kitchen cabinet once.
actually we delt with the trantulas, scorpians and alagater turtles most, always delt with a trantuala or scorpian in the house, growen up, i was used to it, been away while now, and i think now id freak out....lol
it comes with the land if you live in the country. but i wouldnt say you had every species of snake rolled up in OK alone, thou if the good Lord made a critter or bug, rest assured it lives in OK.....lol but thats ok....i still love it!!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Just in church
over here to in TN....lol, well, maybe not like it used to be, but i hear it still goes on...even if illigal now.
."supposedly" my granny's kin whos from here in TN before moven to OK did the whole snake/church thing, she didnt thou, but its funny that if your baptist and from the south...people will assume your a snake charmer....lol, i know, cuz my 1st husband was catholic from Massachusettes, and his family found out where i was from and a baptist, and whoa baby...they assumed i was some snake loven cult freak....it was funny, cuz they was the real fruitlooops.....lmao
now i must go feed "monty"....(kidding)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:10 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,321,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlady71 View Post
over here to in TN....lol, well, maybe not like it used to be, but i hear it still goes on...even if illigal now.
."supposedly" my granny's kin whos from here in TN before moven to OK did the whole snake/church thing, she didnt thou, but its funny that if your baptist and from the south...people will assume your a snake charmer....lol, i know, cuz my 1st husband was catholic from Massachusettes, and his family found out where i was from and a baptist, and whoa baby...they assumed i was some snake loven cult freak....it was funny, cuz they was the real fruitlooops.....lmao
now i must go feed "monty"....(kidding)
Probably still going on in a lot of really rural Appalachia. Since when has it been illegal? Wouldn't that be religious discrimination or something? Not that I want to take part in any way, but to each their own.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
What was an eagle scout doing drunk?
He was playing with snakes practicin for CHURCH!

When we rototilled the garden last spring, we hit a nest and whole bunch of them baby snakes came slithering out.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM

297 posts, read 586,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
He was playing with snakes practicin for CHURCH!

When we rototilled the garden last spring, we hit a nest and whole bunch of them baby snakes came slithering out.
Aww babies!? My sister and I had a pet baby snake named pipsqueak.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
I think I've mentioned on another thread that I found a small Copperhead in my closet last summer. The first one I've seen since I've been ion OK.
I think he was using my PC because someone was looking up "how to install new skins"

Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Default lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think I've mentioned on another thread that I found a small Copperhead in my closet last summer. The first one I've seen since I've been ion OK.
I think he was using my PC because someone was looking up "how to install new skins"
i had to laugh at this one...."new skins".....loved it...needed a good laugh!!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/mkfarnam/ABeyes-1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma